NodeMCU with GPS module

Hello everyone,
I am trying to create a connected object using NODEMCU ESP8266-12E LUA V3 and I want to get the geolocalisation of my object.
Which GPS module should I use (other than ublox 6m)? is GY-NEO6NV2 GPS module ok ?
thank you.

Whether the GY-NEO6NV2 is 'OK' might depend on the application, can you tell the forum what the application is ?

Whats the problem with a 'ublox 6m' ?

I want to get the exact geolocalisation of the object to use in an object tracking app.
About the ublox 6-m I couldn't find it in the stores nearby.
thanks for you response.

From what I see on a search for GY-NEO6NV2 GPS, it is a neo6m. No hobby grade GPS will yield EXACT location. Best to hope for is within 1 meter or so. And the GPS must be outdoors with a clar view of the sky.

@elliyji

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.

groundFungus:
From what I see on a search for GY-NEO6NV2 GPS, it is a neo6m. No hobby grade GPS will yield EXACT location. Best to hope for is within 1 meter or so. And the GPS must be outdoors with a clar view of the sky.

1m error margin will be ok for me.
So GY-NEO6NV2 can be compatible with NodeMCU with no problems?
(I'm sorry if the question seems silly because i'm pretty new to this and all the tutorials i've seen so far use the ublox 6m gps module)

elliyji:
1m error margin will be ok for me.

And you may not get that in all situations, 3 to 10m out is not unusual.

Things to keep in mind for GPS accuracy:

https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

So GY-NEO6NV2 can be compatible with NodeMCU with no problems?

I have no experience with the NodeMCU so cannot speak to that.

The GY-NEO6NV2 IS a neo6m module so if the tutorial shows a neo6m you should be able to use the GY-NEO6NV2 in its place.

If you can find a WAAS GPS/WAAS antenna, you can get better position accuracy.