Non contact Measure of liquid in plastic/glass

I am trying to find a non contact sensor to measure liquid depth and thus volume. I have seen capacitive sensors in instructables but i have not seen any sensor kit available. Wil appreciate if some one knows one or an alternative way to measure the volume/depth in a no-contact way.

Thanks

Do you want to know if the level is above or below a certain point, (a switch), or do you want a continuous analog reading of depth? And how much depth of what kind of liquid?

If possible, you can measure the weight of the container.

The depth of the void is related to the acoustic resonance.

I want to be able to continuously measure the liquid. The sesnsor should be of non-contact. Hence, ultra sound, pressure and laser light sensors are out of the equation. I am kind of left with capacitive sensor and the one I have seen is from first sensor. Any suggestions or options

Sound, pressure and light are all non-contact measurements.
If they are not what u want then please specify what u need.

smartwatch:
I want to be able to continuously measure the liquid. The sesnsor should be of non-contact. Hence, ultra sound, pressure and laser light sensors are out of the equation. I am kind of left with capacitive sensor and the one I have seen is from first sensor. Any suggestions or options

Do you also mean non-invasive in that the sensor is located outside of the liquid container?

You might want to try something like this or this.

I am working on something similar to what is used in the links. I need to monitor a 100 gallon plastic (HDPE) water tank from which domestic water is drawn. I have applied copper foil tape with conductive adhesive to the outside of the tank and can measure change in capacitance as the water level changes in the tank (as it is drawn down by use or filled from a deep well submersible pump).

If a slightly invasive solution could work for you, then maybe this might be of interest. This approach also is capacitance based as noted in its Kickstarter page from a few years ago.

Thanks @jpsabo.

I have kind of gone through the options and was left with capacitive sensor, however, the issue with this is my measuring container can have hot liquids that can skew the results. So finding a way to have a pre calibrated capacitive sensor that can pave way for temperature skews.

That may not be a problem. Perhaps this might be of help.

that's great. Thanks:)