noob thicko

i only just got my uno, tried the blink prog(already in the uno) tried to modify times then get error avrdude_getsync(): not in sync: reap=0x00. anybody got any idea wot i done

Check your USB cable and COM port.

It happens to me sometimes. Don't know why. Save the program. Shut down the IDE (all instances) Open the IDE Reload the sketch Check the USB connections both ends Check that the correct COM port is selected Click upload

Technically speaking, the communications between the PC and the Arduino sometimes seems to get its knickers in a twist ]:D

mally: i only just got my uno, tried the blink prog(already in the uno) tried to modify times then get error avrdude_getsync(): not in sync: reap=0x00. anybody got any idea wot i done

Make sure you have the right board selected in the IDE.

I have noticed that the arduino site said check device manager /ports but my arduino is visible in usb, any further help

So you didn't check if the port selected in the IDE matches the one indicated by ports section of device manager? You haven't acknowledged trying the rest of suggestions. Have you tried them all?

Noob thicko?

How to use this forum

Moving to installation problems.

But I dont have arduino in ports I have arduino in usb and thats not what the book says

USB communication with the PC uses a serial port as far as the PC is concerned, that is what needs to be checked in the IDE to ensure that the PC can communicate with the Arduino and vice versa.

Sometimes I am reminded of the reason why I am very happy the world doesn't have a power switch.

Thannks for your rather sarcastic sounding advice, were you nevera beginner, forums were meant to help not shoot us down, without noobs where would you top scientists be,

mally: Thannks for your rather sarcastic sounding advice, were you nevera beginner, forums were meant to help not shoot us down, without noobs where would you top scientists be,

Left in peace to do our jobs? ;)