Not able to ping the ethernetshield

Hello there,

i wanted to bild an artnet node like it is explained in that link: https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Artnet-Node/

i bought the arduino ethernet shield 2 but unfortunately it didnt work at all… after some time fooling around in the internt and some very noobish troubleshooting i think something is wrong with my ethernet shield.

using this code i get a totaly different ip from the serial monitor…

#include <SPI.h> 
#include <Ethernet.h> 

byte mac[] = { 0x90, 0xA2, 0xDA, 0x11, 0x05, 0x2D };   
IPAddress ip( 192, 168, 0, 10 );

void setup() {
    Serial.begin(9600);
    Ethernet.begin(mac, ip);
    Serial.print("IP is ");
    Serial.println(Ethernet.localIP());
}

void loop() {
}

The serial monitor prompts: “IP is 0.250.250.250”

I can ping the router (192.168.0.1) but not my ethernetshield.

Why is it that i cant set the ip adress of the ethernetshield?

thanks for the help

sorry forgot to mention which setup i am using:
Arduino UNO Board Model UNO R3 SMD Edition Arduino Uno - R3 SMD - DEV-11224 - SparkFun Electronics
Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 - DEV-11166 - SparkFun Electronics

The w5500 IC requires a different library. You must use the Ethernet2 library. You can install it with the library manager.

ah then buying this shield was not the best solution…
i was trying to get the library ethernet2 imported into the older arduino IDE but it isnt working…

is there any possibility to import the library into the older IDE 0023 ? when i want to “add library → Ethernet2” it only does an empty bar in the code. No "#include " can be seen…

Right now i am trying to compile it with the latest arduino IDE but i get errormessages the whole time because of different libraries… i think buying the other shield is the easier way to get the artnet node done :wink:

thanks for the help!!

Why are you using v0023? That is ancient history. Have you tried a later IDE version?