lcd1.setCursor(0, 2);
lcd1.print(“Congrat”);
wish();

while (1);
}
}
}

akhil.ino (19 KB)

When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar). If the text exceeds the forum’s 9000 character limit, save it to a text file and post it as an attachment. If you click the “Reply” button here, you will see an “Attachments and other settings” link.

Please use code tags (</> button on the toolbar) when you post code or warning/error messages. The reason is the forum software can interpret parts of your code as markup, leading to confusion, wasted time, and a reduced chance for you to get help with your problem. This will also make it easier to read your code and to copy it to the IDE or editor. If your browser doesn’t show the posting toolbar, then you can manually add the code tags:
[code]``[color=blue]// your code is here[/color]``[/code]
Using code tags and other important information is explained in the How to use this forum post. Please read it.

the code is attached to this

akhil.ino (19 KB)

Looks like a duplicate of not declared in this scope - Programming Questions - Arduino Forum ?

You Need to scroll up in the error window. You are receiving Errors BEFORE wish is declared which is preventing it from being declared and there "void wish not declared in this scope".

Auto Format the code in the IDE. If all functions do not start on teh left margin, which they don't, then you probably have missing or misplaced closing braces

Incidentally, in this portion of your code

while (digitalRead(three) == HIGH && a == LOW && b == LOW && c == LOW && d == LOW)
      {
        Serial.println("vc aaru");
        vcm1++;
        a = HIGH;
        digitalWrite(led3, HIGH);
        //Serial.Print(“cm1”);
        //Serial.Print(cm1);
        vote_status = HIGH;
        while (digitalRead(one) == HIGH);
      }

How will the while loop ever exit because you set a to HIGH and one of the loop conditions is that a is LOW which it will never be

I tried my level best to wade through that code trying to match the {'s and }'s, but gave up when my eyeballs popped, sorry.

You need to go through it { by { and after each matched }, put a //comment to identify it.

JaBa:
You Need to scroll up in the error window. You are receiving Errors BEFORE wish is declared which is preventing it from being declared and there "void wish not declared in this scope".

He ignored the advice about copying errors in the duplicate thread so don't hold your breath

UKHeliBob:
Looks like a duplicate of not declared in this scope - Programming Questions - Arduino Forum ?

Not only that, but when I downloaded and tried to compile "akhil" my system told me I had a folder "akhil" already, and it contains the same sketch. But it's dated 27 Feb and akhil614600 only joined today.

But this thread of a different user has the same attachment. UKHB and I replied there too...

elvon_blunden:
But this thread of a different user has the same attachment. UKHB and I replied there too...

Not exactly the same, nut nevertheless two versions of the same thing.

But anyways, Tools > Auto Format will help.

oqibidipo:
Not exactly the same, nut nevertheless two versions of the same thing.

I meant same name, I really really really wasn't that interested in checking if the bloody content was the same. My point is that evidently more than one person is working on this; perhaps anandhu123 gave up.

Maybe all of those folk will be posting:

String chairman1 = "Akhil";
String chairman2 = "Arya";
String chairman3 = "Shahana";
String chairman4 = "Dhanush A";
String arts1 = "Anju";
String arts2 = "Arya";
String arts3 = "Kiran Thomas";
String arts4 = "Anoop";
String vc1 = "vinod";
String vc2 = "Alex";
String vc3 = "Nithin";
String vc4 = "subhash";

elvon_blunden:
Not only that, but when I downloaded and tried to compile "akhil" my system told me I had a folder "akhil" already, and it contains the same sketch. But it's dated 27 Feb and akhil614600 only joined today.

Same IP address too.
Classmates?