Not enough space on the arduino create

As you can probably tell, I am a pure newbie.

Which means I learn from examples 100% of the time.

But, with all those examples in create,

at the time of this typing, I have 96 example sketches imported.

Which means I have barely any space for my real sketches.

I have found a way to compress all the sketches by putting all of the sketches into one sketch and when I want to upload a certain sketch, I comment and uncomment the parts as necessary. I call it the comment compression.

But,

The only problem is that using the "comment compression" method, it will take me forever.

I don't have all the time in the world. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

But I put this in the "suggestions" section of the forum because I was thinking that each user was allowed like, 10 MB and use it in any way through lots of imported libraries or a lot of sketches.

Can you help me?

I would appreciate it. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just use the real Arduino IDE, problem solved.

The normal examples are already in CREATE you shouldn’t need to import them.
That is just doubling up your usage.
Maybe also you don’t need to save every single change and end up with lots of variations of the same thing.
Create will AUTOSAVE for you just tick the preferences option if it is not already done.

Also if you do need to import sketches then the attached guide may be of use.

Importing sketches and libraries.pdf (285 KB)

What's the maximum space you can use? Sketches and libraries are really very small but sometimes people will put other files in there that are not small. If you download your sketchbook and then do a directory listing according to size I bet you can find a handful of unnecessary files that represent the majority of your usage.