Not having a lot of success learning this code

I am trying to write a program to run some solenoids to fill a container. Arduino Uno

Here is my process.

Push button to start filler one
Open solenoid 1 for 10 seconds
Close solenoid 1
Open solenoid 2
Keep open until sensor(float switch) closes(high)
Close solenoid 2
Wait for Start button to be pressed again to start this loop over again.

Now I would like to have two banks of solenoids and a second start switch. If I have to do this with 2 Arduinos that is ok also.

Can anyone help?

My head hurts from reading and watching videos.....lol

You can most likely do this with one Arduino. Which components do you have, how are they wired and where is your current code? :slight_smile:

rhorton7333:
Can anyone help?

If you just want someone to write a program for you please ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum and be prepared to pay.

If you want to learn to program yourself the examples that come with the Arduino IDE are a good place to start. They probably cover all of the techniques you will require.

If you already have a program that is not doing what you want then please post the program and tell us in detail what it actually does and what you want it to do that is different. It will make it much easier to focus on the parts you need help with rather than wasting time on things that you can do.

Note that you cannot connect a solenoid directly to an Arduino I/O pin as it cannot supply enough current. You will need a circuit between the Arduino and the solenoid - maybe just a transistor that can switch the current and voltage needed by the solenoid.

...R

Got it I will head over there as I don’t really have a lot of time… not a lot of money either that is why I am trying to automate this process DIY… But I understand.