Not reposting "You know you are a geek when..." Just a whole new level/direction

Picture says it all if you care to read the short article:

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/russian-geek-puts-your-cpu-collection-to-shame-20100729/

My humble CPU collection only has around 400-500 processors, no Intel 4004, no Russian clones, no awesome tapistry. But I do have a couple of huge hard drive platters that I bet he has NOT! Someone could help me out with my cpu collection if you are interested in getting arduino gadgets in return for your CPUs :slight_smile:

I’m updating this post with more gadgets for trade and more updates of my recent trades:

Amazing, I wonder if he has the original 64-pin 68000, the "aircraft carrier", most of the chips seem to be square. I gather you don't as 68000/10 are on your list.

Rob

Graynomad:
Amazing, I wonder if he has the original 64-pin 68000, the "aircraft carrier", most of the chips seem to be square. I gather you don't as 68000/10 are on your list.

Rob

You mean these?

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/68000/index.html

I think 68000's are used in apple mackintosh and I have two of those mobos, plus one additional one I just received in the mail and another one in the mail (the Mostek in picture I think). I am not sure about him. Plus it's an article over a year old.

Ooo yes, them's the ones. Man I used to drool over those suckers. Yes they were in the original Mac IIRC.

I have two of those mobos, plus one additional one I just received in the mail and another one in the mail

Jeez, do you live in a warehouse?

Rob

Graynomad:
Ooo yes, them's the ones. Man I used to drool over those suckers. Yes they were in the original Mac IIRC.

I have two of those mobos, plus one additional one I just received in the mail and another one in the mail

Jeez, do you live in a warehouse?

Rob

Correction: I have two mobos and a separated CPU from a mobo just in yesterday and another one, just CPU coming in the mail.
I live in an apartment with a lovely and understanding wife. I have some storage space for the mobos and some hard drives I collected but keep the CPUs in my apartment, inside of a cabinet. My last trade has brought me 36 cpus from Canada and is still sitting on our dining table as of today. Yeah, I am running into a space shortage, considering I'm also the owner of 3 arduinos and numerous parts for projects and kits that I designed and sell online. So I'm trading my arduino kits for CPUs all the time, only to find I need some more space for my new additions to the collection. If I can design something at ponoko, like a cabinet with thin drawers that can be pulled out and tilted to showcase the content, I'd be making them for myself.