Not showing arduino DUE in available boards in tools of arduino IDE??

I am using arduino 1.6.3.i need to select arduino due in tools-> boards-> arduino due

but it is not showing in list . How to select that board

Moreover i want to use both wire.begin() and wire1.begin() in arduino due. So what should i do to use both wire

alagappan:
but it is not showing in list . How to select that board

Tools > Board > Boards Manager > Arduino SAM Boards(click on it) > Install > Close Boards Manager
After doing that you will see the Arduino Due in Tools > Board

He is using 1.6.3, board manager was added in 1.6.4 (I recommend 1.6.5r5 - 1.6.6~1.6.8 have new bugs)

He is using 1.6.3, board manager was added in 1.6.4 (I recommend 1.6.5r5 - 1.6.6~1.6.8 have new bugs)

1.6.3 has Boards Manager, it was added in 1.6.2. You’re thinking of 3rd party Boards Manager URL support which was added in 1.6.4. But I agree there’s really no good reason not to upgrade to 1.6.5-r5.
Clipboard01.gif

Woah. I hadn't realized that. I first heard of it in 1.6.4 when people started yelling at me to support this board manager thing in my core.

Thank you so much pert, it worked!!!

in board i am seeing two options
Arduino Due(programming port)
Arduino Due(Native USB port)

out of these two what to use and when to use, could you tell me?

i may be right pls confirm
i think, While coding and compiling use native usb and uploading use programming port

Thanks
Alagappan

Glad to hear you can play with your Due now!

alagappan:
out of these two what to use and when to use

From http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDue:

Either of the USB ports can be used for programming the board, though it is recommended to use the Programming port due to the way the erasing of the chip is handled :

Programming port: To use this port, select “Arduino Due (Programming Port)” as your board in the Arduino IDE. Connect the Due’s programming port (the one closest to the DC power jack) to your computer. The programming port uses the 16U2 as a USB-to-serial chip connected to the first UART of the SAM3X (RX0 and TX0). The 16U2 has two pins connected to the Reset and Erase pins of the SAM3X. Opening and closing the Programming port connected at 1200bps triggers a “hard erase” procedure of the SAM3X chip, activating the Erase and Reset pins on the SAM3X before communicating with the UART. This is the recommended port for programming the Due. It is more reliable than the “soft erase” that occurs on the Native port, and it should work even if the main MCU has crashed.
Native port: To use this port, select “Arduino Due (Native USB Port)” as your board in the Arduino IDE. The Native USB port is connected directly to the SAM3X. Connect the Due’s Native USB port (the one closest to the reset button) to your computer. Opening and closing the Native port at 1200bps triggers a ‘soft erase’ procedure: the flash memory is erased and the board is restarted with the bootloader. If the MCU crashed for some reason it is likely that the soft erase procedure won’t work as this procedure happens entirely in software on the SAM3X. Opening and closing the native port at a different baudrate will not reset the SAM3X.

alagappan:
While coding and compiling use native usb and uploading use programming port

So just use the Programming Port selection always unless you have a good reason to use the Native port.

pert:
Tools > Board > Boards Manager > Arduino SAM Boards(click on it) > Install > Close Boards Manager
After doing that you will see the Arduino Due in Tools > Board

So that's what I had to do...got it now, thanks veeery much