Not sure if Arduino is my best bet, first build. Blutooth LED controller.

I want to construct a device that comprises of two parts, both dedicated and designed to be hand held, for a personal project. One side should be battery powered; and have the ability to when the switch is depressed, send off a blutooth signal to the other counterpart, also battery powered to turn on a set of LED lights, and when the switch is no longer depressed; turn off. These two devices will be in fixed positions with no more than 1 foot distance between them. Is blutooth my best bet? Can Arduino execute this efficiently? Is there a better way? A ton of googling has yielded me little. I am trying to have 0 android application input; all input and effect is in the two said devices only. What parts would be required to execute this?

AslwaysAsking:
Can Arduino execute this efficiently? A ton of googling has yielded me little. I am trying to have 0 android application input; all input and effect is in the two said devices only. What parts would be required to execute this?

Yes. It isn’t very easy and requires at least two tons of googling, but it is probably just as hard using any other MPU. I assume you have good reason for using a wireless connection so bluetooth is a cheap and appropriate method, but the NRF24 costs the same and may be easier to implement, thus more appropriate. I believe the NRF24 has very low power demand, which might be important if you are using batteries.

In short, I believe bluetooth is the way to communicate with the outside world, hence all the Android stuff, and radio systems like the NRF24 is more appropriate within the Arduino world.

You will need two Arduinos, two bluetooth modules, a switch, and the aforementioned LEDs along with the appropriate means of powering them.

Thanks for the timely and well educated reply!; Is there a specific Bluetooth module that would work best with the NRF24? Or that performs on a lower power consumption?

You misunderstand me. You were asking about Arduino+bluetooth. The NRF24 is an alternative to bluetooth not Arduinho. There is a lot of information on Arduino+NRF24 on this forum, all of it on Arduino<>Arduino communication.

I understand Bluetooth 4 modules consume far less power than plain-vanilla bluetooth like the HC-05. I don’t know how they compare with the NRF24 module.

I actually found that out after replying; via google haha. Thanks for the information; I'll see if I can't figure the rest out on my own.