Not uploading properly

So i was working on creating a GPS watch this weekend and I was getting started on the code and when i got my first "demo" code created I uploaded the code and it went well... except the fact that i didn't get the correct data. But that isn't the point. The point is that when i fixed the code and tried to upload it, the arduino application said that it couldn't.

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"
"avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00"

At that point I was devastated that after a long weekends work was all used in vain. But I had hope. I unsoldered and then resoldered all of the connections between the Arduino pro mini that I was using and the GPS module, LCD, buttons, etc thinking that something is plugged in incorrectly or shorted together.

Still no luck

So then I got out the other pro mini I had laying around and tried it again but it still didn't work even with NOTHING connected and a blank sketch with just the default viods.

So here I am desperatly asking anyone for help.

To save time I will tell you the software versions and other specifications

Mac OSX 10.6.8 (im using a old 2006 but it hasn't had any problems before)
Arduino 1.5.8
Arduino Pro Mini 5V (and yes the 5V processor is selected in tools on both processors)

So thats that and thanks in advance for anyone who can reply with some suggestions

Why are you still reading???

Arduino IDE 1.5.x was beta-test software. You might want to update to the released version (1.6.5) before fighting with it too much. A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they have an old 1.5.x installation. Those problems seem to be caused by out-of-date executables that the new IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X:
/Users/username/Library/Arduino15

On Windows:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

that still doesn’t work and the same thing poops up in orange in the little text box

So when you said you soldered wires, have you soldered the GPS module to the arduino pins 0 and 1 or other pins? Just checking.