NOT working: Communication between Bluetooth dongle and PC (windows 8.1)

Hello,

I am building a self-balancing robot and for some reason I use a bluetooth dongle (from SWEEX) in order to do some calculations. Now everything works fine as long I work with a MacBook, but unfortunately I have to work with an other computer that uses Windows 8.1.

Apparently, the problem is that I can't maintain a connection. Every time I build up a connection in the bluetooth settings it gets connected and after a few seconds the computer says the dongle is paired. If I try to get access with phyton or processing, no data is transferred. (on MacBook no problem - therefore I am sure it's not a mistake of the algorithm)

What I tried until now: - everything what I found in forums :D - changing drivers - connect and disconnect in various patterns - set up the serial ports

Is there anybody who made similar experiences using windows 8.1 and a bluetooth device? Is it possible that it's an driver problem? Or does windows 8.1 block a connection?

If anyone has an idea, I would be very thankful

Best Max

It could be the dongle. The only thing you haven't said is that the dongle works in the Macbook. My gear works fine with laptop, phone etc., all of which have built-in bluetooth, but I have never succeeded in getting my dongle to work in the PC.

Oh sorry, I forgot to write about the dongles. I used two different SWEEX and an other from my mate. The MacBook is working with both, only the computer with windows 8.1 couldn't get a real connection to the dongles. Maybe it is a problem of the compability of the devices or is more general a problem of windows 8.1

Later, I will try to use a BT module, maybe it is more prospering.

http://www.amazon.com/JY-MCU-Arduino-Bluetooth-Wireless-Serial/dp/B009DZQ4MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426670591&sr=8-2&keywords=bluetooth+arduino

mixmax1213: Oh sorry, I forgot to write about the dongles. I used two different SWEEX and an other from my mate. The MacBook is working with both, only the computer with windows 8.1 couldn't get a real connection to the dongles. Maybe it is a problem of the compability of the devices or is more general a problem of windows 8.1

I doubt it is a Windows problem per se, but it might be a windows installation issue. I have given up on using bluetooth in the PC.

Later, I will try to use a BT module, maybe it is more prospering.

http://www.amazon.com/JY-MCU-Arduino-Bluetooth-Wireless-Serial/dp/B009DZQ4MG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426670591&sr=8-2&keywords=bluetooth+arduino

That is a standard BT module for Arduino. I assumed that is what you already have. I can't see it fixing your PC problem.