Notification of Replies Doesn't Work Anymore?

I just noticed that even though I checked “Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic” checkbox, I don’t seem to get any notifications anymore…

Anyone else having the same problem? Could this be caused by last weekend’s site upgrade?

Can’t say I’m having that issue.

Have you checked the list of notifications in the User CP?

Mowcius

Yes I did, and nothing is there as well. I even suspected that the spam filter somehow filtered those messages out, but nothing is in the spam folder either :frowning:

Yes I did, and nothing is there as well.

Sounds like your profile got reset or something…

Have you tried re-subscribing to threads to see if they come up?

Mowcius

Let me try that next… Thanks.

OK, I have tried pretty much everything (reset my notification preferences, etc.) and nothing seemed to have worked :frowning: I am still not receiving any email notifications no matter what settings I change. And I have checked my spam folder and the notifications were not there either…

The weird thing is that everything used to work perfectly before the site upgraded a couple of months ago…

Anyone else experiencing the same problem at all? :’(

I had an email through one of my domains hosted at godaddy and they seemed to sometimes be blocking out spam for me even though I had the setting turned off. A friend would forward a ticketmaster.com email about a concert and i would get it at gmail but my wife would not and her email through our domain.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem at all?

Can’t say I am. :-/

Sigh… AT&T is my service provider… I guess I may never get the answer to this…

But the timing seemed a bit too coincidental… it happened on the day this site was upgraded…

You could possibly use GMail to bounce the notifications.

What do you mean by “bouncing the notifications”?

GMail can be configured to automatically forward emails. Have the forum notifications go to a GMail account. Have GMail forward the notification to your email address.

Thanks @Coding Badly. I’ll give that a shot…

never tried ‘notify of replies’

never tried ‘notify of replies’

How do you keep a track of threads you have posted in then?

Mowcius

I seem to have that same problem. I’m new to the forum, but I’ve checked that box on all the threads I’ve posted to and I’ve never gotten a notification.

How do you keep a track of threads you have posted in then?

I do it be reading all of the threads in all of the forums (except Exhibitions).