Novell Filr desktop aplication causing Arduino compiler to run very slowly.

Hello,

I am a university student and am an avid user of arduino. I am using it for my project; alongside which, I wish to use the novell filr desktop app. However after doing a clean install twice, the second time testing the compiler after each program install, came to the realisation it was novell filr that was causing the issue.

For those of you who don't know: Novell Filr is an application that basically (so long as your Uni has an account linked with them) makes your Uni drive into a cloud drive allowing you to have your files everywhere with you. Basically, it's a God send for the student!

My question is, has anyone else ever had problems with this? And if so is there a solution? OR would anyone have an idea why such an application would cause the compiler to run so slowly?

I am running Windows 10.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

CWAM94:
would anyone have an idea why such an application would cause the compiler to run so slowly?

When you compile a sketch there are a lot of temporary files created. It’s possible that “Filr” is uploading those files to the cloud. If you check File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > Compilation you can see all the operations that are happening while compiling in the black console window at the bottom of the IDE. See if you can set Filr to ignore the build folder where these temporary files are created. There is no need to upload them to the cloud as they will just be deleted when you exit the IDE anyway.