Nrf24 Help

Hi, i'm facing a problem with my project and dunno how to solve it, so, the problem is, imagine a central board that only reaceive data from others box limited to 2, you can have 100 of boxes but only 2 will pair, the mais problem is, it's there any ways to pair 2 nrf24 devices and create a confirmation, like a button or somthing?

The project is for fencing, we have 2 players per track, but we can have + 20 in a training session, eache with a box, i need a way to any players get in that track and pair with the correct central.

Sorry for my english btw.

I don't have a code right now, so i unable to post it.

thanks

Why not start by defining the problem with specifications and flow chart. What is the expected outcome. Purchase the Arduino cookbook and read it, this will give you some basics. also use the online tutorials and videos available, there are many good ones on this web site. At this point you will be able to define the problem and may have already solved it.

NRF24L01+s don't pair.

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

Wireless problems can be very difficult to debug so get the wireless part working on its own before you start adding any other features.

The examples are as simple as I could make them and they have worked for other Forum members. If you get stuck it will be easier to help with code that I am familiar with. Start by getting the first example to work

There is also a connection test program to check that the Arduino can talk to the nRF24 it is connected to.

A common problem with nRF24 modules is insufficient 3.3v current from the Arduino 3.3v pin. The high-power nRF24s (with the external antenna) will definitely need an external power supply. At least for testing try powering the nRF24 with a pair of AA alkaline cells (3v) with the battery GND connected to the Arduino GND.

The Tutorial includes an example for a master and 2 slaves that can easily be extended to a larger number of slaves.

...R

Robin2:
Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

Wireless problems can be very difficult to debug so get the wireless part working on its own before you start adding any other features.

The examples are as simple as I could make them and they have worked for other Forum members. If you get stuck it will be easier to help with code that I am familiar with. Start by getting the first example to work

There is also a connection test program to check that the Arduino can talk to the nRF24 it is connected to.

A common problem with nRF24 modules is insufficient 3.3v current from the Arduino 3.3v pin. The high-power nRF24s (with the external antenna) will definitely need an external power supply. At least for testing try powering the nRF24 with a pair of AA alkaline cells (3v) with the battery GND connected to the Arduino GND.

The Tutorial includes an example for a master and 2 slaves that can easily be extended to a larger number of slaves.

...R

Hi thanks!
The wireless part is working fine, already tested.
My question is:
I have two boxes, one tx and another one rx. The tx box have a code (address), but i need a way to send this code to the rx box, i'm curious about this video (https://youtu.be/sIaiQTEK3gU) this little touch in the box is what i want, but i dont now what is this tech.
Thanks !

jppoeck:
I have two boxes, one tx and another one rx. The tx box have a code (address), but i need a way to send this code to the rx box,

If you want to be able to send an address to a new receiver then you need to create the new Rx with a standard address that the Tx can talk to. If the Tx sends a standard message to the standard address the Rx should respond with a standard reply so the Tx knows there is someone listening and waiting to be assigned a working address.

Then the Tx cans end the working address and the Rx can switch to listening on the working address. The Tx should then send a working message on the working address within a set short time period. If the Rx does not get that working message within the time period it should go back to listening on the standard address.

If the Rx does get the working message it can write the working address to the Arduino EEPROM memory and always use that address from that time onwards.

NOTE that this will only work if there is only one Arduino waiting for a new address at any one time.

...R

Thanks!

Yeap, I will probably have + 4 arduinos waiting, so I'm trying maybe to switch to ESP8266, dunno, It's a little tricky.

My only problem right now is, having two Rx boxes and + 10 Tx, as sayed, the Rx can only Register two Tx, but having 2 Rx, imagine 2 persons trying to register at same time each for one Rx, could go wrong.

I want to avoid rfid od nfc for register the players, my solution that i'm aiming for is the little touch in the video. I'm still trying to understand.

jppoeck:
My only problem right now is, having two Rx boxes and + 10 Tx, as sayed, the Rx can only Register two Tx, but having 2 Rx, imagine 2 persons trying to register at same time each for one Rx, could go wrong.

You can probably understand that because you have all the info about your project in your head but I can't understand it because I don't know what you are trying to do, what you have tried or what were the results of your trials.

Please describe exactly what you want to create and it will be much easier to help you.

Why is there a need to register an Rx? In what circumstances could two people try to do so at the same time? How do the users obtain an Rx in order to register it? Why not register it before giving it to the user? What is the purpose of registration - does it have anything at all to do with the technical address on which an nRF24 listens? etc etc etc

If you want one group of nRF24s to operate with one master and another group to work with another master why not just put a knob or a DIP switch on each device that can select the channel it works on. All the members of a group work on the same channel. The other group uses a different channel. How many different groups do you want?

...R