NRF24 mesh + esp8266

Hi
my project is building a nrf24 mesh to control and get data from 20 nodes and connect all of them to master and master could be send and recieve data from the internet using mqtt protocol or connect to telegram bot.
my quastion is how to transfer data from nrf24 to internet using esp8266(as I think it’s the easy way) I couldn’t done it myself and didn’t find any codes and lib
all nodes will doing same thing (send dht11 data and get relay HIGH or LOW from internet)

How much of this have you already got working?

...R

I have connected 2 nodes and 1 master at this time and trying to send and recieve data from internet but soon I will use more nodes
but it’s just one-way connection nodes -> to master I’m working to try send back from master to each nodes

Am I correct to interpret your Reply #2 as meaning that the nRF24 part of the project is working perfectly and you just need help with the ESP8266 part?

How is the nRF24 master connected to the ESP8266?

Please provide an example of the data that is received by the master and which you want to send using the ESP8266.

How often do these messages need to be sent by the ESP8266?

...R

@Robin2 Yes; actually I’m not sure about to use NRF24L01+ antenna to connect some nodes to each other that each node is about 50-100 meters far from the other one.
it’s a irrigation system that each node send soil humidy to base and base send it to internet (maybe by esp8266) and I send back to each node to turn HIGH or LOW a relay wich is in all nodes.

• so what is the best radio transferring thing to connect all the nodes to the base and internet? ( currently I have choosen NRF24L01 + with antenna)
    in each node I have arduino pro mini and in the base have Arduino Uno.
  • How can I connect the base using NRF24 and ESP8266 to the Internet?
    I got confused about connecting all this to the internet (MQTT broker or telegram bot)

I'm not familiar with the MQTT stuff.

If you have the data in the master Uno and f the Uno is connected to the ESP8266 you should be able to make things happen

My suggestion is to figure out the MQTT stuff you want to do independently of the data from the irrigation system. Just send some dummy data that is equivalent to what will come from the irrigation system.

Don't try to marry the two systems until you can get each of them working on its own.

I would expect the nRF24s to work over 100m with the external antennas unless there are a lot of obstacles between them - but I have only used the low power versions. I did have a pair of them working at 110m range out in the open.

...R

thanks for answering
I wonna use softwareSerial for connecting esp8266 to arduino Uno and send data over wifi.
but I didn't get what you said about sending ‘dummy data to irrigation system’ and ‘marry two systems’
could you please explain that
thanks a lot

smead:
but I didn't get what you said about sending ‘dummy data to irrigation system’ and ‘marry two systems’
could you please explain that

I did not say "send dummy data TO the irrigation system". I said "send dummy [irrigation] data TO MQTT"

By "marry" I just meant write a program that combines the behaviour two separate programs - the irrigation program and the MQTT program.

...R

Aha I got it thanks
If I want to have “Auto” and “Manual” mode in my irrigation system how can I do that?
do you have an example about switching between 2 cases? “base” will do auto or manual and manage nodes according to the program I have writen and the node's data.

smead:
If I want to have “Auto” and “Manual” mode in my irrigation system how can I do that?
do you have an example about switching between 2 cases? “base” will do auto or manual and manage nodes according to the program I have writen and the node’s data.

Learn to walk before you try to run.

Worry about that AFTER you have the separate MQTT and irrigation programs working.

…R

Robin2:
Learn to walk before you try to run.

Worry about that AFTER you have the separate MQTT and irrigation programs working.

...R

I dig it!
You have destroyed me :grinning:

smead:
You destroyed me

In a nice way, I hope :slight_smile:

...R