Nrf24l01+ and NRF24L01+PA+LNA SMA Antenna

Hello i was wondering if the NRF24L01+PA+LNA SMA Antenna is the same pinout as the Nrf24l01 pinout? if so can someone please let me know thank you.

We cannot answer that - the manufacturer of your board could have changed something.

You need to look at the documentation for the exact board you bought.

// Per.

I agree with Zapro, but generally speaking they share the same pinout if the pins are arranged in the same shape. In other words if you were using those boards with a 4x2 male connector, they seem to all have the same pinout (smd antenna, bnc antenna and PA+LNA).

This is not a rule or a standard, just common practice used by manufacturers: something you shouldn't rely on for production.

hello thank you. where i bought it from had no datasheet on it. but i mange to find it online it looks like the pinout is the same. thank you.

If it's one of those little 8 pin modules then yes, it's 99.9% likely to be compatible.

hello fungus yes it is a 8pin setup I'm just making sure i don't burn it out. it get it in package today in mail just making sure when i get it i don't burn them out took 4 weeks to come.

if you already have the boards just compare what's printed on the bottom of the two: if they match than.... they match!

I have the nrf24l01+ with the onboard antenna the one I’m getting in mail today is the NRF24L01+PA+LNA SMA Antenna with a external antenna and some kind of better booster range or something i didn’t know if it was the same in wiring and programing that is why I’m asking.

Hello sense we are on the nrf24l01 subject i have a question how can i do a long range pin test with 5 nodes? i have the maniacbug Rf24Network library i know how to do 2 of them point to point line of sight but i would like to do is use 3 of the nodes to act like relays to do a longer range ping?

josephchrzempiec:
I have the nrf24l01+ with the onboard antenna the one I'm getting in mail today is the NRF24L01+PA+LNA SMA Antenna with a external antenna and some kind of better booster range or something i didn't know if it was the same in wiring and programing that is why I'm asking.

Again: take one board, take the other board, put them side by side. They have labels marking pins: check the labels, if they match then... they match.

If the boards don't have labels near the pins then take the boards datasheet and compare the datasheets.

I the boards don't have a datasheet you will have to make an assumption. The best you can do is to hope your assumption is correct.

You might want to post close up pictures of the boards so we can have a look at them.

josephchrzempiec:
Hello sense we are on the nrf24l01 subject i have a question how can i do a long range pin test with 5 nodes? i have the maniacbug Rf24Network library i know how to do 2 of them point to point line of sight but i would like to do is use 3 of the nodes to act like relays to do a longer range ping?

That's a sort of mesh network. You need to learn this out yourself as Maniacbug's library doesn't support mesh networks out of the box even if it is possible to realize one.

rlogiacco i understand that. i have tried the test ping of the TX and RX that does work. but whati don't understand or try to understand there is a part that said this node and other node on the ping one and the channel part. I understand the channel but what i can't figure out what is this node id and that node id is for i kind of got the this node id is for the device for each one but what is the other node id for? is that for the main first node? so if that was the case how can i send a message to another node if it just goes to the main node i know I'm wrong here in most parts it's what i don't understand that I'm trying to figure out and how to send that message to that single person witout sending that message to everyone else like in the other nrf project there.

If your nRF modules are these:

... then they're pretty much interchangeable. Same pinout, same code works.

(side note: spot the slipped capacitor on the bigger board! I've got about 30 of these nRF things knocking around the house, and the build quality is highly variable. Still, they're only about 60 pence each, so, you know...)

hello howiem yes they seem to be working when i put the new ones on thank you.

howiem:
Still, they're only about 60 pence each, so, you know...)

60 pence for the amplified ones with BNC antenna? Would you please share your supplier?

i paid $7.53 us dollars for mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151325936646?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

josephchrzempiec:
i paid $7.53 us dollars for mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151325936646?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can get them far cheaper than that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310651702557

But not 60p with antenna. 60p is without.

hello fungus you are correct china is cheaper but takes a long time for shipping for me its a nightmare. so i do it local to usa for me.

Yup, sorry for the ambiguity - it's the smaller ones that are 60p-ish.

I've found that I only needed to have a single larger one with its PA and big antenna on my transmitter, and I can get away with the smaller ones on all my receivers. YMMV.