NRF24L01 Based RF Switch with Dual mode

Hello,
I have bean working on the project where in I am using NRF24L01 as receiver. This receiver is integrated with ATMega328. Once RF signal is received the relay on the other side of the ATMega328 is triggered to switch on or off the load. In addition to this I also wanted to have manual switch operation and store the current state of the switch (either on or off). So I integrated push buttons also on the one side of ATMega328. Now the input to switch on or off the relay can some from the push button or the RF signal from the NRF24L01.

This design stores the state of the relay in both cases where input comes from push button or NRF24L01.

Now the problem is, if microcontroller (ATMega328) or circuit fails due to some reason, switch will not operate and this could lead to issues.

Wanted to check if there some alternative way to achieve this where I have inputs to relay from push button as well as RF signals via ATMega328 and storing the state of switch. Also in case of circuit failure the manual operation should be possible.

Attaching the block diagram for current design.

Any inputs will be valuable for me. Please advice.

Is really UlN driver. You can direct controlled using transistor based circuit .
http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/ArduinoPower

1. You need to post your code and pin configuration.

Now the problem is, if microcontroller (ATMega328) or circuit fails due to some reason, switch will not operate and this could lead to issues.

What makes you think it fails.without schematic we cant tell .