nRF24L01 motor shield/SPI compatability

hello,

I was looking at purchasing a motor shield that has a nRF24L01 plug-in, but I noticed that the SPI pins to work the module are digital pins 2-6 as opposed to the 11-13 which according to the arduino SPI info webpage are “the pins the SPI lines are broken out on” (Uno or Duemilanove).

Will I have to do any modding of the SPI library to make this work or was everything designed to work fine right out of the box code wise?

thanks,

here’s the schematics etc below (sorry links didn’t want to link up?):

http://imall.iteadstudio.com/development-platform/arduino/shields/im120417005.html

SCH_IM120417005_MotoMama.pdf (30.2 KB)

DS_IM120417005_MotoMama.pdf (366 KB)

Will I have to do any modding of the SPI library to make this work or was everything designed to work fine right out of the box code wise?

This board is wired in a very special way. The standard SPI pins are used to control the motors while the pins normally used for such tasks (2-7) are available on the nRF24L01 plug. To use such a radio module you need a software SPI emulation then, you cannot use the standard SPI library (which is using the hardware SPI). Because the hardware SPI pins are used (at least on a UNO) you cannot use any other SPI hardware either (like an Ethernet Shield).

Hi Whiskey
did you solve this, or did you abandon the project?
Thanks
Regards
Pierluigi