NRF24L01 on minimum board with atmega328 doesn't work

I’m trying to communicate with an atmega328 to an arduino uno. Arduino just gives a fail message. RF24 Library.

I used this method to reduce the 6V to 3V for my nrf24l01:
http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/How-to-reduce-voltage-with-resistors.php

PINOUT:
http://tmrh20.github.io/RF24/

This tutorial:

Transceiver:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>

RF24 radio(7, 8);

const byte address[6] = "00001";

void setup() {
    radio.begin();
    radio.openWritingPipe(address);
    radio.setPALevel(RF24_PA_MIN);
    radio.stopListening();
}

void loop () {
  const char text[] = "Hello World";
  radio.write(&text, sizeof(text));
  delay(1000);
}

Receiver Code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>

RF24 radio(7, 8);

const byte address[6] = "00001";

void setup () {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  radio.begin();
    radio.openReadingPipe(0, address);
    radio.setPALevel(RF24_PA_MIN);
    radio.startListening();
}

void loop() {
    if (radio.available()) {
      char text[32] = "";
      radio.read(&text, sizeof(text));
      Serial.println(text);
    }
      else {
        Serial.println(F("RF24/fail"));
      }
    }

Original: My NRF24L01 transceiver outputs “p” reading with no other transceiver on…
This is my first post. Thanks for all the help

You're very welcome.

Pete

thunderstorm: This is my first post. Thanks for all the help

I'm not sure how you expect anyone to respond to that when you have not posted the program that is causing the output?

...R Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

I figured out some stuff guys. I tried different tutorials. They all seem to fail at the same point.

thunderstorm: I figured out some stuff guys. I tried different tutorials. They all seem to fail at the same point.

If you say so. Robin2's works.

I personally don't need any NRF24L01+ tutorials.

I tried Robin2’s tutorial. Same issue. Maybe a hardware issue.

thunderstorm: I used this method to reduce the 6V to 3V for my nrf24l01: http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/How-to-reduce-voltage-with-resistors.php

This can not work, no wonder it does not work.

But you added that information, it was not inside your original post. Do you expect people to read the whole thread again, before posting?

My original thread was a few lines. You asked for more information and which I provided. Give me a break.

So using two resistors to break the voltage in half won't work. Do I just need a voltage regulator?

thunderstorm: My original thread was a few lines. You asked for more information and which I provided.

That's not a reason to change old posts, is it?

thunderstorm: Give me a break.

Here you go: break

thunderstorm: So using two resistors to break the voltage in half won't work. Do I just need a voltage regulator?

Yes.

Or you could run the 328p with 3.3V / 8MHz and supply the NRF from the same source.

Ok thanks. Is a 950ma regulator ok for this?

You don't need as much power, but too strong does not hurt.

thunderstorm: My original thread was a few lines. You asked for more information and which I provided. Give me a break.

You should have added the extra information in the correct chronological order. The way you did it makes a nonsense of the Replies #1 and #2. That is not the way to earn brownie points here.

As well as that you seem to have completely ignored the link I included in Reply #2

...R