NRF24l01 +PA +LNA

Hello Everyone.

Thank you in advance for your help. I have 2 NRF24l01 +PA +LNA modules communicating and I have achieved 150m line of sight with the following values:

radio.setPALevel(RF24_PA_MIN); // RF24_PA_MIN ,RF24_PA_LOW, RF24_PA_HIGH, RF24_PA_MAX
radio.setDataRate(RF24_250KBPS); // RF24_250KBPS, RF24_1MBPS, RF24_2MBPS

My question is more around LNA. Unfortunately I cannot find the reference to the document, but I read or may have misunderstood the document, but is there an actual LNA setting? If I remember the document correctly, it was a Boolean setting of 0 or 1.

I've been looking through different setups in forums and github, but there is no reference to LNA.

Thanks again for your help.

Robert

If you look in the library files, RF24.CPP and RF24.H there are several references to LNA settings.

And the library documentation on Github also references the LNA settings;

https://nrf24.github.io/RF24/classRF24.html#ab6a711a9cc14fb459a4a1698b8665d82

Thanks for the information. I don't mean to sound like an noob, but how do you implement it?

Is it based on the setPALevel setting only or is there an actual parameter to set? Sorry, I'm a bit confused about this part.

Thanks,

Robert

Read the reference documentation, the link was given.

The function is as documented;

setPALevel(level, lnaEnable);

Level is as shown and lnaenable = 1 turns the LNA on, lnaenable = 0 turns it off.

In practice turning the LNA on make very little difference distance wise, which can be the case with cheap LNAs.

I appreciate the help, but my point about being confused is due to that fact that I have tried it based on the documentation, and you have confirmed how to implement it, but it does not work. I confirmed the lnaenable and disable is in the .cpp and .h files, but it is not recognized.

I have attached both vscode and arduino ide results.

Posting PICTURES of code is useless.
Read this like you should have done already: Read this before posting a programming question ...

Pay particular attention to Item #6 which explains how to use CODE TAGS.

The error you see is to be expected, your sketch does not know what lnaEnable is, try this;

radio.setPALevel(RF24_PA_MAX,1);

To turn the LNA on.

@budnikasr

Take some time to use the following links.
Your last reply was DELETED !

Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

@budnikasr

I stand by gfvalvo !

Please do NOT use the report button again unless there is a clear and VALID report to be made !
Misuse of the button could carry penalties.

Bob.

EDIT.
OP now has a timeout for MISUSE of the "Report to Moderator" button.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.