NRF24L01 problems using two writing pipes, one receiving pipe

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I've been using the NRF24L01 module for different project for a while now, but only one on one communication. In other words, I have not used several pipes in any of my projects. Now I want to make a wireless system which monitors temperature and humidity and sends data to a module that displays the values. I've read that the NRF module should be supposed to work with 6 modules at a time, and I'd like to have at least 2 sender modules, and 1 receiver module.

Have any of you guys done something similar to this before? I have not yet figured out a way to make it work... I'm using the maniacbug library.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.

• Marcus

The 'starping' example will help.

In general there is no need to use multiple pipes. Just treat one Arduino as the "master" and have it communicate with each of the other "slaves" in turn. Just give each slave a separate address.

Note that writing can only take place on Pipe0. All the other pipes are for listening.

Have a look at the examples in this Simple nRF24 Tutorial

The code in any of them could be extended to communicate with several slaves.

...R

Thanks for your suggestions... I'll have a look at that.

I've been looking at this example btw: http://www.elec-cafe.com/multiple-nodes-nrf24l01-wireless-temperature-ds18b20-with-arduino-uno-2-transmitter-1-receiver/

Not sure why it didn't work for me though...