NRF24L01 Transceiver Question

Is it really this much code to do a simple blink a remote LED on another Arduino Uno?

I can’t even post the code, because it’s over 9000 !!!

So here’s the direct link instead : NRF24L01 Transceiver Code

That’s the code he’s sharing, from this video on YouTube.

The same code is in the linked video description.

All I want to do is buy the Transceiver from eBay

Do a simple blink LED to test the hardware and code… But I’m really discouraged from all that code. That is a TON of code. Seems like it won’t even fit into program memory.

Is this really what it takes to do Wireless Communication?

I’m interested in this for obvious various reasons, other than to blink a remote LED. But I honestly like the fact that the modules are affordable, and the fact that it’s a Transceiver.

NRF24L01_Transceiver.ino (18 KB)

There are libraries that make communicating with th RF24 radios much much easier. TMRh20/RF24 is recommended. There is example code with the library to get you started. Nrf24L01-2.4GHz-HowTo is a good tutorial.

Is this really what it takes to do Wireless Communication?

No. That module is rather complex, with lots of options, capable of networking, etc.

If you just want to send data from one Arduino to another by radio, there are much simpler options. The simplest are probably the serial modules, which act just like a serial connection. Send a byte out one and it comes in the other. HC-11 434 MHz and HC-05 Bluetooth modules are two possibilities.

The Pololu Wixel is a serial link that is a bit more expensive, but it also a capable microprocessor similar to Arduino, so you can even eliminate one or both Arduinos.

If your code exceeds 9000 characters then you can attach your .ino file to your Post.

However it is much easier to help with shorter programs. If you can write a short demo program that illustrates your problem that will probably get you a quicker answer.

I got my nRF24s working with this Tutorial

I recommend using the TMRh20 version of the RF24 library - it solves some problems from the ManiacBug version

The pair of programs in this link may be useful. (Note that the two together are less than 9000 bytes)

I don't have experience of simpler RF transmitters as I have had no use for them so far.

...R