NRF24L01 Tx fails

Can anybody help?

My_2013_nrf24l01_Tx_3.ino (7.9 KB)

My_2013_nrf24l01_Rx_3.ino (2.59 KB)

Please specify your problem, like posting any Compile Error and/or Serial Monitor Output.

Did the sketches attached come with the Library as examples or you created/modified them?

Can anybody help?

Perhaps. But maybe you could spend just a tiny bit more time explaining what the problem is.

Trying to figure out what code does (or does not do) is a very time consuming process and I am lazy. Help us to help you.

...R

TX code compiles OK but sending fails ie

Output from serial monitor from Tx:

File name: My_2013_nrf24l01_Tx_3

RF24 Network Tx from Uno
Locating devices...Found 2 devices

Parasite power is: OFF

Tx0 Address: 28A3E6AA04000071

Tx1 Address: 285344AA040000B3

Tx0 Resolution: 12
Tx1 Resolution: 12

Requesting temperatures...DONE

sensor Tx0 = 24.87 (tempC) Tx0 = 24.87
sensor Tx1 = 24.75 (tempC) Tx1 = 24.75

Sending...failed.

Have you managed to get communication working with simpler code and without trying the Network library (I have no experience of that but I suspect it is a bit more complex).

It is entirely possible that the libraries in your Tx code conflict with each other.

I used this Tutorial successfully.

...R

Finally got it working the way I want. It is probably not the most elegant solution but IT WORKS!

Hopefuuly it will be of use to others.

I’m only using 2 DS18B20 sensors at present but it looks like I can use an unlimited number as I’m only transmitting 1 temp reading per packet transmitted.

I tried storing all packets in an array but this went nowhere!

NRF24L01_Tx_14_11_2015_2.ino (6.38 KB)

NRF24L01_Rx_14_11_2015_2.ino (1.24 KB)

dominator99:
Hopefuuly it will be of use to others.

I'm only using 2 DS18B20 sensors at present but it looks like I can use an unlimited number as I'm only transmitting 1 temp reading per packet transmitted.

I tried storing all packets in an array but this went nowhere!

I'm glad you found a solution and thanks for sharing your code.

However it would more useful if it was accompanied by a much more extensive description of the project and the issues involved.

...R

The project itself was just to be able to send 'float' data wirelessly from multiple (13) DS18B20 digital temperature sensors at various locations around my house.

At present I'm using a 1-wire bus to do this but have run out of available wiring hence the interest in wireless technology.

I intend installing DS18B20 sensors in every room & monitor room temps & control wireless radiator thermostats from a central location using this temperature information.

Obviously, the first step was to get a fully functioning wireless network & so far this has been achieved successfully; now I can start designing a solution to the room temp control refered to above.

The biggest problem I found was trying to find any information about transmitting numeric data rather than text. Not being a programmer made this difficult because I still don't fully understand the intracasies of radio networking.

I had been revisiting this problem periodically over the last 2 years but hadn't been able to resolve until now!

dominator99:
The biggest problem I found was trying to find any information about transmitting numeric data rather than text. Not being a programmer made this difficult because I still don't fully understand the intracasies of radio networking.

The code in the RF24 library just sends bytes. It is up to the programs at each end to interpret those bytes. You can send an array of chars, bytes, ints longs, floats. AFAIK it doesn't care.

...R

What a lot of people run into is they send data to a pc and don't understand what there terminal is showing.

be80be:
What a lot of people run into is they send data to a pc

Do you mean with an NRF24 directly connected to the PC?

...R

OK the serial monitor output to your computer and Ive seen lot's of people think the data there getting is wrong I've done it myself a time or to when I use putty or realterm and forget to change the output format.

I had a problem receiving a reliable signal when using the NRF24L01+ PA high power, long range chip with the detachable antenna as a transmitter.

It appears that the peak current draw of this device is 115mA, far more than an Arduino can deliver (40mA?) even with the capacitor 'trick' (100uF across Vcc & GND).

I supplied the 3.3V to the NRF24L01+ PA from a separate source & all works fine