NRF24L01 Wifi vs Internet Wifi...

This question has had no traction, so I changed the title and rehashed the question in the hope of getting some input :)

The question pertains to wifi networks and is probably best asked by painting 2 different scenarios.

Scenario 1: 1. A sensor comprising Ardunio + HC-SR04 + 433MHz radio transceiver. 2. A host comprising Arduino + Wifi Shield + 433MHz radio transceiver. 3. The host is connected to a LAN via the Wifi shield. 4. The sensor measures the distance and transmits it to the host over the 433Mhz radios.

Scenario 2: 1. A sensor comprising Ardunio + HC-SR04 + NRF24LR01 transceiver. 2. A host comprising Arduino + Wifi Shield + NRF24LR01 transceiver. 3. The host is connected to a LAN via the Wifi shield. 4. The sensor measures the distance and transmits it to the host over the NRF24L01 radios.

So what is bothering my little brain is: Both wifi networks run at 2.4GHz, so would scenario 2 operate well or will the 2 wifi networks cause interference with each other.

I know the wifi shield conforms to the IEEE 802.11 b/g/n spec. What spec/protocol does the NRF radio use?

In theory could a single wifi unit accomplish both wifi tasks in scenario 2?

Anybody....got some insight as regards this question?

Bump

There are many individual channel frequencies in the 2.4 GHz band, so it is unlikely that transmissions by the NRF24L01 modules will interfere with the wifi network. If they do, change the frequency (channel) of one or the other.

Consult the data sheet for the NRF24L01 for information on how those devices work and at what frequencies.