NRF24L01+ Wireless "Shield" Module

Hi, Have you ever seen conversion boards for NRF24 radios from SPI to I2C (eventually UART), like THIS one ? I'm not as good as it is needed to get the radios to work at SPI, but they're cheap and I need them. Do you know how to use this thing ?

Nope! Seriously, just use the RF24 library by TMRh20, which uses SPI. You can install it with the library manager in the Arduino IDE.

Libraries for SPI aren't even working, I mean at all...

Pictures please? Are they not installing? Or is it a hardware problem?

I'm not a beginner. Istalled: yes, compiled: yes, wiring correct: yes, program: loaded, power: ok, serial monitor: quiet. I can't post you a picture. I gave up long time ago.

Sorry about casting aspersions on your level of ability. :P The usbtinyISP code has an option that converts USB commands to SPI, but you are using UART/I2C I would end up spending hours just seeing what happened when I sent stuff.

:p Interesting. So, I'm not a beginner but these radios are pretty much retarded. How to get them to work when nothing works ?

Use a shield? Or use a RFM69 :)

I thought you tell me something new >_<
Alright then, no other options, yay.

Yeah, basically.

PC_Master: Do you know how to use this thing ?

as you were told:

Isaac96: just use the RF24 library by TMRh20, which uses SPI.

Make shure to move the maniacbug stuff to a different location, or just delete it.

PC_Master: ...but these radios are pretty much retarded.

I have not found one place where the documentation of the chip is wrong yet.

In Germany we have an aphorism: "If a farmer can not swim, it is up to the trunks." ("Wenn der Bauer nicht schwimmen kann, liegt es an der Badehose.")

"If a farmer can not swim, it is up to the trunks."

Or..".Whatever the fox cannot reach, she says they are green"

(«όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού τα κάνει κρεμαστάρια…»)

Sour grapes

PC_Master:
Libraries for SPI aren’t even working, I mean at all…

Of course the SPI work … at least on the 12B:
Arduino + SPI + 12B

You can download the ZIP but you may need to load IDE version 1.05, 1.06, etc. It may work with newest IDE 1.6.11, but I have not tested. In any event, avoid 1.6.10 as it was warped from birth.

Ray

RF12B_GPS.zip (11.2 KB)