nRF24L01+ without header pins

Hi,
I am using “common” nRF24L01+ modules such as this one. I would like to have one without the header pins - i.e. to be able to solder right angle pins or some wires directly. But all modules I am able to find on eBay have already header pins soldered. Do you know a seller who sells modules without the pins?

I have never seen one without header pins - but that does not mean much.

Why not just remove the straight pins and replace them with the angled pins. You will need a de-soldering pump, but they are not expensive. And cut the plastic off so you can remove one pin at a time.

...R Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

You could always slap the straight pins out.

I wanted to avoid the additional heat stress (and work) caused by desoldering the old header pins. But it looks like it is the only option.

BJHenry: You could always slap the straight pins out.

That puts me in mind of a gentler process that I have used.

Suspend a weight from the pin (I use a self-clamping tweezers) and then when the solder melts gravity does the necessary.

And for this sort of work a larger bit on the soldering iron (or a larger iron) is actually kinder because it transfers heat more quickly so there is less time at high temperature.

...R

Robin2: That puts me in mind of a gentler process that I have used.

Suspend a weight from the pin (I use a self-clamping tweezers) and then when the solder melts gravity does the necessary.

And for this sort of work a larger bit on the soldering iron (or a larger iron) is actually kinder because it transfers heat more quickly so there is less time at high temperature.

...R

That's a good option too. I typically use a pair of needle-nosed pliers with an elastic band holding them closed on the pin.

You can use a module like this one.
smallNrf.png

Mini NRF24L01 + 2.4GHz 1.27MM € 0,73 free shipping to Germany.

or

DipSmd.png

GT-24 2,4g SMD NRF24L01 1100 meter lange-abstand NRF24L01 + PA + LNA SMD wireless module 1100 meter