NRF24L01

I am using NRF24L01 for Transreceiver using arduino Uno R3 board. Also, using RadioHead library and nrf24_reliable_datagram_server.pde under this. I made connections as follows

Arduino NRF24L01
3.3 V VCC
GND GND
CE PIN9
SCN PIN10
SCK PIN13
MOSI PIN11
MISO PIN12

When I upload the server module, it shows error on Serial monitor as "init failed"

Not sure If I am connecting the pins properly. I searched on google but could not PIN connectivity for NRF24L01 using RadioHead.

Please help if someone knows this.

Install the RF24 library and try some of the examples. You can use it to test your radio. If the examples work with the RF24 library then you can focus on figuring out why it doesn't work with the RadioHead library. I wouldn't use that library first because the RF24 Library has already been used by thousands of people (myself included) and is known to work.

Those connections look right. I use the RF24 library and that is how my radios are wired, they work fine.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I tried RF24 library and it worked properly!

Just another query I had was around using nRF24L01 with ATTIny series or ATMMega328 (without arduino board) for light or other sensors.

I want to use arduino for central node and small units such as ATTIny or ATMMega328 along with RF module so that cost of my sensors remain low.

Please suggest.

Don't forget the NRFL01 runs off 3.3 V

Just another query I had was around using nRF24L01 with ATTIny series or ATMMega328 (without arduino board) for light or other sensors.

with NRF24L01 , I am getting a range of around 15-20 Mts.

I came across another NRF2401 with power amplifier and antenna. Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/2-4GHz-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMA-Antenna-Wireless-Transceiver-Communication-Module-/181539271160?pt=IN_Computer_Components&hash=item2a449571f8

Want to know if RF24 library will work with above transreceiver as well with better range.

Yes

That range is really bad, have you lowered the link speed and set the radio to max power in the RF24 library?

As suggested ,I will experiment with lowering the data rate and increasing the power and put my feedback here in couple of days.

Another query I have....

As I am still in initial phase of my project, so experimenting with various RF modules.

Recently I procured NRF905 module as well, I have not tried it yet.

Information I could get from various websites is that this RF module can work in 433MHz and 868 MHz band.

How do I identify or know which band is supported in my NRF905 RF module. Is it 433 MHz or 868 MHz. Or this is progammable parameter in the chip? Any library which can be used for NRF905.

Thanks again.