NRF24LI01+ 1 Master (Read and write) and Several (more than 6) slaves

Hi everyone

Is there any way to open a pipe for writing dynamically?

What i need is to have my master Arduino (Arduino ONE) to listen to register request over a reading pipe and then assign the new device (another arduino with the same RF chip) to a writing pipe created dynamically.

Is this posible?

thanks!

You need to explain what you want to achieve. There is a lot of confusion about pipes and how they should be used. You may not need to use multiple pipes.

The simplest solution is for the master to have a list of all the addresses of the different slaves and call each of them in turn. That way there is no risk of a data collision.

However if you want a previously unknown nRF24 to make a call to the master it will need to know the master’s address. There will be a risk that two nRF24s broadcast transmit at the same time and cause garbage.

In either case the ackPayload feature provides a very simple way to implement 2-way communications.

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

…R

Robin2:
However if you want a previously unknown nRF24 to make a call to the master it will need to know the master’s address.

I agree, but:

Robin2:
There will be a risk that two nRF24s broadcast at the same time and cause garbage.

Connecting to a well known master address is in no way broadcasting.

This risk of a collision is always there on a shared (with WiFi/Bluetooth/…) medium, but it will be retried and normally only slows down communication. There will be garbage in the air, but you will never see it.

Whandall: I agree, but:

Connecting to a well known master address is in no way broadcasting.

Yes. I should have used the word "transmitting" and I will edit my Post. I just meant it in the sense of transmitting - data collisions don't take account of addresses, only frequencies,

...R