nrf24lo1 cant get it working properly, what tests and what programming

hello

i have to make a weather station for my hnc electronics course. i have a utft touchscreen and mega. i can get a menu screen for the touch screen display, i want to use a dht22, bmp108 and ldr sensors. i want to send this information to the computer through the nrf24lo1 and display it somehow on the computer screen. the utft will be a portable display with sensors attached.
i have connected up and loaded the getting started sketch, one nrf24 says “got payload…sent response” or something to that effect. the other nrf24 is saying “failed response timed out”
i did manage to get a few bits of information through, apparently it is supposed to show the time. i didnt get this. i only got a confirmation and delay time of approx 30 seconds.

i have heard that the supply for this isnt that great, i mean taking a supply from the arduino 3.3v isnt that great. and some people solder a capacitor onto the nrf24 supply and ground as a way of smoothing out a rough supply. is it this rough supply that is causing problems?

It's possible, but without more information, it's hard to tell.

what information would you require, im not very experienced with this stuff.

ninjaman:
what information would you require, im not very experienced with this stuff.

Your sketch code would be a good start.

example transmitter/receiver from dht11 (runs on UNO)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43081398/dht11.zip