obstacle detection with LV-MAXSONAR-EZ used with arduino

Kindly help me with this project i'm a newbie here. Project: A blind man's cane(stick) which has a sensor attached to it infront for obstacle detection. The idea is simple, when the blind person walks with his cane in his hand and approaches an obstacle, the arduino should make the cane vibrate due to a vibrating motor. The problem is I haven't studied microcontrollers neither enough programming. I need the code for this project. Can anyone help?

The problem is I haven't studied microcontrollers neither enough programming.

Then why did you pick this project?

Let's just say I had to :P People here sound good at this stuff. And the code for this project must not be that difficult since all my code needs to do is to detect an obstacle and order arduino to turn on the vibrating motor. Can anyone help please!

Kindly help me with this project i'm a newbie here. Project: A blind man's cane(stick) which has a sensor attached to it infront for obstacle detection. The idea is simple, when the blind person walks with his cane in his hand and approaches an obstacle, the arduino should make the cane vibrate due to a vibrating motor. The problem is I haven't studied enough microcontroller programming. I need the code for this project. Can anyone help?

Very similar-looking topics merged. Don't cross-post.

What have you done so far?

I love the idea for this project and hope you stay with it, I have a lot of free time and am willing to help but this really is your project. ]:)

To really get the most out of these forums you need to express what you are looking for, this place is full of talented people but none of them want to just teach you microcontrolers, that is really hard to do over forum posts.

So, my recommendation is to teach yourself arduino with these helpful tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxzA9_kg6s ;) and report back to us with problems you encounter. have fun!