Off-brand (WAVGAT) UNO board reporting AVR architecture.

I'm using [admittedly] off-brand MCs (WAVGAT UNO R3 clones), and they're reporting that they run 'AVR' architecture (all uppercase).

This (I believe) results in silly compile-time warnings like

WARNING: library Wire claims to run on avr architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on AVR architecture(s).

(note the casing difference - avr vs. AVR)

Compiling, of course, still completes successfully and everything runs fine., but in a classroom setting warnings are always very disconcerting to newbie students.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I might be able to suppress or ignore these warnings so they don't show at compile-time?

Thanks!

At least some of the WAVGAT boards are well-known to use an "AVR-Compatible" main CPU chip that is not actually an AVR. It has a few timing differences, and device programming seems to be completely different (SWD based rather than Atmel's ISP protocol), but aside from that compatibility seems to be "pretty good."

Search the forum for prior discussions.

You could probably edit the library.properties for the Wire library, or ... (huh; I can't find where a board package claims to be a particular architecture...)

westfw:
You could probably edit the library.properties for the Wire library, or … (huh; I can’t find where a board package claims to be a particular architecture…)

Thanks westfw.

Yeah, I think I’m kind of looking for that last part. I’d hate to edit Wire’s prop’s file, because then it would just complain the opposite way if we tried to compile it for a regular UNO board.

Buuuuuut… if the WAVGAT UNO R3 is truly just “AVR-compatiable”… maybe it’s better I leave things the way they are. Interesting.