Official Arduino Robot and ESP8266 WiFi module

Hello, i have an Official Arduino Robot (http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Robot) and an ESP8266 WiFi module(https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13252). I've used a logic level converter to down-convert the voltage from the Robot control board(5V) to 3.3V so that it can power up the wifi module.

My objective is to get the wifi module working with the robot. I know that one of the robots serial ports is being used by the connection between the two boards of the robot.

Are there any other free serial ports on the robot which i can use to plug the wifi modules TX and RX pins?

any information regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you :)

If all else fails you could use a small Arduino like the Mini, Micro, or Nano to act as a Serial to I2C or Serial to SPI bridge. There are three I2C connectors near the compass chip.

Thank you for the answer John, I think i have managed to fix this problem. I read about a project where another group had the same problem but with a bluetooth model. They vaguely described what they did, i tried to replicate what they did and succeeded, in a way.

The problem was, every time i declare the SoftwareSerial.h in the program and i call Serial.begin(9600), it would give me an error. So i Edited the function in the SoftwareSerial library that gave me the problem. And when i calls the software serial library function in my code i set the RX and TX pin as MOIS and MISO pins on the board which are dedicated to the LCD module.

Now after successfully connecting them i can see that the wifi module is receiving signals when i type in AT commands (the blue led blinks), So the connection is successful.

But the problem i have now is that, even if i send in AT commands through the Serial monitor, i do not get any output. I’ve been using the following code.

#include <SPI.h>
#include <ArduinoRobot.h>
#include "Wire.h"
#include "SoftwareSerial.h"

int TX = MISO;  
int RX = MOSI;  

SoftwareSerial wifi(TX,RX);

void setup() {
Robot.begin();
//Initialize serial and wait for port to open:
Serial.begin(9600);
wifi.begin(115200);