OLED 128x64 resolution

Adafruit_SSD1306 display (128, 64);

Hello friends ... I appreciate who can give me an idea why my 0.96 128x64 OLED screen does not want to work on all the sketches with this resolution. As much as I have tried I have ended up using it as Adafruit_SSD1306 display (128, 32);

It is very strange since I use the same libraries only that in some programs it works and in others I end up again placing 32 to make it work.

I know that I should perhaps show each sketch in detail but for now I would like to know if someone knows something basic that can help me. Thank you very much for your opinions.

What do you mean by when you say it doesn’t work?
Is the display blank?
Is the display showing something but it is not right?

You could be having problems of using too much memory and dropping the resoloution frees up enough to make it run. The memory usage report you get at the end of compilation does not include memory that is dynamically allocated. That is it misses counting the display buffer.

Yes you should.

Were you using the Adafruit driver when you it didn't work at 128 x 64? Or a different driver.

If you only need ASCII (i.e. no graphics) I've had good luck with this driver.

I believe it uses less memory that the Adafruit.

Grumpy_Mike I think the same, could be the buffer, I ll check this. Thanks.

JohnRob I ll check this library. Thank you

Hello friends. I can see the problem begins when I put this code for the 18B20 temperature sensors:

OneWire oneWire(ONE_WIRE_BUS); //
DallasTemperature sensors(&oneWire); //

Somebody could explain me why ? Thanks a lot

Are you using the same I2C address for the sensor and the display?

Hi,
Can you please post your code?

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia: