OLed - detecting connected display

Hello.

Is there a way to detect (on the fly) if an OLed display is connected or not.
=> The running programm should be able to determine "display is connected now" or "display is disconnected now" and according to that, so that it can respond different.
Ideally if this will works with two displays (one allways connected and the other if needed).

Thx in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. Please read the "How to use the Forum" articles. Read some current messages to gain familiarity with the Forum subject.

It is always wise to post a link to the actual display you have bought. e.g. Ebay sale page.

David.

Hi, and sorry.
What was wrong ? Don't understand you.

It was/is a BASIC question, not bound to specific hardware. I don't asked a "how to connect display XY".

No problem. You don't want to post a link.

I am happy to give an accurate answer for a specific piece of hardware.
I have no intention of writing a book about every different OLED display that is on the market.

David.

Hi littlegroot, (peculiar name to a Dutchman) welcome.

Displays (OLED or otherwise) usually are too complex to be efficiently controlled by an Arduino.
That’s why such displays come with an on board (or glass, or flexpcb) driver chip.
Each brand and/or type of display has its own features and possibilities.
Some can only receive data, some can answer back on certain requests, and some boards simply lack the return channel where the controller chip has that capability.

So to give you an other answer than “perhaps” (which i imagine is not the answer you’re waiting for), we need you to provide all the info you can on the hardware you’ve been planning to use.
As you’ve at least read the forum manual (click !) during the past 8 hours while waiting for another answer, you’ll understand that now, right ?

littlegroot:
Hi, and sorry.
What was wrong ? Don't understand you.

It was/is a BASIC question, not bound to specific hardware. I don't asked a "how to connect display XY".

yeah, but we need to know WHAT OLED DISPLAY you want to connect.
I2C, SPI, parallel - because it will differ what we can answer.

So if you can give a clickable link to your display and to the datasheet, you might get a good answer, how you can identify in the sketch if the display is connected or not.

It's up to you to get good answers from the others.

littlegroot:
It was/is a BASIC question, not bound to specific hardware.

Then the answer is - it might be, or it might not be! :astonished:

That is your answer. :grinning:

When you decide on the display, there will be another.