OLED shifted

Hey there

I just got my Sainsmart SSD 1306 128x64 Display with the U8glib Library running, but it seems like it's shifted to the left side, because when I write something beginning at 0,0 there's only half of the first letter visible and on the right side there's a white balk. Can somebody help me? :confused:

TeEmZe

Maybe it has a SH1106 controller instead of the SSD1306. So a different U8glib is required.

Oliver

olikraus:
Maybe it has a SH1106 controller instead of the SSD1306. So a different U8glib is required.

Oliver

Well, with another Driver it doesn't work. I think the driver is the right one, otherwise it would show nothing, wouldn't it? I think there's a wrong setting, but I don't know how to fix it :frowning:

TeEmZe

I think the driver is the right one, otherwise it would show nothing, wouldn't it?

A SH1106 display will work when using a SSD1306 library but shifted left 2 columns.

Some SainSmart OLED displays have the SH1106 controller like this 1.3" display.

Several of the 1.3" OLED displays I bought on ebay have SH1106 controllers.

Timoborner:
Well, with another Driver it doesn't work.

TeEmZe

Is this an assumption? Did you test the SH1106 driver with u8glib?

The SH1106 is identical to SSD1306, except for the shift issue. Reason is: The SH1106 has 132 horizontal pixel, where the SSD1306 only has 128. All register are identical, but guess what happens if you connect a 128x64 OLED display to the SH1106 controller? Some bits in the RAM of the SH1106 can not be displayed, which may apper as a shift. Even more funny: All existing 128x64 OLEDs with SH1106 have the 128x64 OLED screen centered into the 132x64 display RAM, which leads to a two pixel shift, when using SSD1306 software.

But even more stupid: Ebay sellers will tell you, that the display has a SSD1306 controller, where it actually has a SH1106. And recently i got a report on the opposit. A display was adverticed as SH1106, but it did contain a SSD1306 controller.

Oliver

The SH1106 is identical to SSD1306, except for the shift issue.

There are a few other differences. The charge pump commands are different but the SH1106 power up defaults work. Compare the datasheets.

It's better to use the correct commands. I wrote a very simple text only library and lifted the charge pump commands from this library.

There are other difference but my library is so simple that it doesn't matter in my library.

fat16lib:
A SH1106 display will work when using a SSD1306 library but shifted left 2 columns.

Some SainSmart OLED displays have the SH1106 controller like this 1.3" display.

Several of the 1.3" OLED displays I bought on ebay have SH1106 controllers.

I just tested it, and it worked! Sorry that I didn't believe you... Thank you very much!

TeEmZe