OLED Strange PinOut

Hello all!

I just bought a OLED display for one of my projects and I don't figure how to connect it to my Arduino Mini.

The OLED has: VCC, GND, CLK, MOSI, CS, D/C pins. For the begining I want to do some thing like THIS but seems like this one has a RST pin, mine doesn't.

Can you guys please help me with this issue?

Thank you!

You need to get the datasheet from the vendor.

Click me !

Could have easily found that yourself, it's on the same page you went to ask your question.

Yes, i saw that post but still i am not able to get the connections right.

I want to connect it like in that tutorial from instructables

I am sorry, but i can't help you with any of the crap from over there. 80 % of the Arduino related items over there are either incomplete or just wrong. I can't be bothered by any instructable.

Yes, you are right, but i can't start my display because i can't make the right confections.

I was asking about how i should connect it to my arduiono. In the topic you provide me there are other notations of the pins, i an l am so confused now :(

bamwels: Yes, you are right, but i can't start my display because i can't make the right confections.

I was asking about how i should connect it to my arduiono. In the topic you provide me there are other notations of the pins, i an l am so confused now :(

If you wanted to use that Instructable information then you should have bought the same OLED display.

No wonder you are confused.

Ok i see now.

I was a bit too fast in my answer, didn't notice the difference i focussed on the reset issue. Your display has a SPI interface, the one in the other thread has I2C.

Now you made me go and look to that instructable page. That display has an other interface, none of the above (as a matter of fact, it does seem to use some kind of soft I2C, but no idea why they would do that). The page does everything i expect it to do: it tells you do this and do that, and you'll have a working display. There is nothing in there to tell you how it works, they even tell you you don't need to know. What the crap is that about. Oh, well i knew i would see this so it's my own fault for checking it anyway. Forget that page. It is not about your display, and you'll learn nothing.

You forgot to mention what Arduino you are using, so let's assume it's an Uno. These pins are the SPI interface on an Uno: SPI: 10 (SS), 11 (MOSI), 12 (MISO), 13 (SCK) (click it to find my source).

The display doesn't seem to be able to talk back to the Uno, so there is no MISO connection available on it. You need some extra pins: CS is Chip Select, pin 9 is often used for that (this signal is active LOW). This pin's state tells the display the data on the SPI bus is meant for that display. C/D tells the display the data to be sent is some command (HIGH), or data to be displayed (LOW).

While composing this answer, i've been checking i'm conveying the correct information. For more information on the SPI bus, have a peek over here (click !). It tells you something about SPI, but it in combination with a Raspberry Pi, so not an Arduino. Learn about SPI, skip the RPi part.

Searching a bit more for you, i ran into this. Read that complete article (multiple pages). Then take your hardware and compare it to the hardware discussed in the article. See if you can find differences and similarities. Perhaps a bit tedious reading (you need to do some work yourself), but i'm sure you will learn something here and end up with a working display.

You likely got an oled with SH1106 chip and SPI interface.

In the linked instructions they use an oled with SDD1306 driver, so the code possibly wont work with your module.

Hello again!

Thanks for your responses, I also found an answer here: http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1517

bamwels: Hello again!

Thanks for your responses, I also found an answer here: http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1517

How ironic!

Isn't that the same place that sold you your OLED display?