Onboard FTDI question

I normally use an FTDI cable or BOB to program my projects, but this particular one it would be very beneficial to have it built right on the board. The board will be run at 5 Volts, with the Atmega328P-AU chip having the UNO boot loader on it.
So my question is, In this schematic of Sparkfun’s FTDI breakout board, I won’t be needing 3.3V for anything, so can I remove C1 & SJ2, and have the net ‘POWER’ connect directly to ‘5V’?
It seems correct to me, but thought another’s thought might same me a problem on my custom made PCB.
Thanks.

Sure.

Thanks!

SouthernAtHeart:
I normally use an FTDI cable or BOB to program my projects, but this particular one it would be very beneficial to have it built right on the board. The board will be run at 5 Volts, with the Atmega328P-AU chip having the UNO boot loader on it.
So my question is, In this schematic of Sparkfun's FTDI breakout board, I won't be needing 3.3V for anything, so can I remove C1 & SJ2, and have the net 'POWER' connect directly to '5V'?
It seems correct to me, but thought another's thought might same me a problem on my custom made PCB.
Thanks.

You cannot remove C1 or the chip will have no decoupling for its internal logic which uses 3.3V

larryd:
Sure.

But completely wrong. You could have checked the datasheet or said "I'm not sure"

“You cannot remove C1 or the chip will have no decoupling for its internal logic which uses 3.3V”

Oh, I didn’t think of that. Thanks, I’ll add it in. I haven’t ordered my PCB yet!