One logical output(digital pin) to drive 8 relay board with a small delay

Hi all,
I'm wondering what would you recommend for driving 8 relays which should close simultaneously with small delay one after the other?

Like in this diagram

My guess would be shift register 74hc595 but is there maybe a simpler way to achieve this?
Thanks

Looks like a shift register to me. I'm not sure how you think it could get any simpler unless you want to pull all 8 lines from the Arduino itself.

simultaneously with small delay one after the other

Could you re-word that so it's a bit less self-contradictory?

I can't see your diagram. The forum guidelines so tell you how to attach a picture to your post.

PaulRB:
Could you re-word that so it's a bit less self-contradictory?

I can't see your diagram. The forum guidelines so tell you how to attach a picture to your post.

Well, you are right, it is simultaneously - logic wise, because is one event that trigger consequential relay closing

Delta_G:
Looks like a shift register to me. I'm not sure how you think it could get any simpler unless you want to pull all 8 lines from the Arduino itself.

That was what I thought, thank you

Image once again converted and resized to 500px width

I’m sorry, I used embedded picture option again in previous post, haven’t noticed attach button, here is the file

Simplest way would be to use 8 Arduino pins, as already mentioned. No extra chips need. But if you can't afford 8 pins, then either a shift register or maybe a decade counter of some kind. Those would need at least 2 Arduino pins.