One motor controller multiple motors

Hi,

I'm new to this.

I have many small 24V DC motors, which i'd like to controll via the arduino. The engines don't have to turn at the same time, I want to controll one after each other. But many motors, maybe 50 - 100.

How can I do that? Do I need a motor controller and many relais? or is there a better way?

Thank you for any help.

Maki84: Hi,

I'm new to this.

I have many small 24V DC motors, which i'd like to controll via the arduino. The engines don't have to turn at the same time, I want to controll one after each other. But many motors, maybe 50 - 100.

How can I do that? Do I need a motor controller and many relais? or is there a better way?

Thank you for any help.

Small doesn't mean they draw small currents. What is the maximum current needed for any of the motors?

Paul

Thx Paul for the answer. It is 24V DC with 1.6A it has an additional micro switch to detect the final position. So I guess I should call it a servo. Something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-piecesDC24V-Vending-Machine-Motor-and-100-pcs-Vending-Machine-Sprins-100-sets-vending-machine-motor/32500898485.html

Maki84: Thx Paul for the answer. It is 24V DC with 1.6A it has an additional micro switch to detect the final position. So I guess I should call it a servo. Something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-piecesDC24V-Vending-Machine-Motor-and-100-pcs-Vending-Machine-Sprins-100-sets-vending-machine-motor/32500898485.html

I don't know why you would call it a servo. The two are vastly different in operation and control. The link calls them motors, so I guess they are really motors.

Now, what exactly do you want these motors to do and what do you want to happen with the micro switch? Is the microswitch a standard switch with three terminals, a common, a normally closed and a normally open terminal?

You really should have explained what you want in the first post.

Paul

Sorry Paul. You're correct about the micro switch.

I want to turn engine 1 for some seconds (only one direction, no speed control) and read micro switch 1. Afterwards i want to turn a different engine and read its micro switch. And so on.

Not to complex but many engines.

All the best

Markus

Maki84: Sorry Paul. You're correct about the micro switch.

I want to turn engine 1 for some seconds (only one direction, no speed control) and read micro switch 1. Afterwards i want to turn a different engine and read its micro switch. And so on.

Not to complex but many engines.

All the best

Markus

You still are not telling us what you want to happen when you "read" the microswitch. What does "read" mean to you and what happens next?

Paul

The micro switch only gives me the information if the engine is in a specific position. With reading it I mean I want to find out if it is pushed or not.

Nothing happens afterwards, I just want to turn one engine after another and see if the switch is pushed or not. But the switch isn't too important for me, my main problem is how to control many motors the easiest or cheapest way,as they do not need to be used parallel.

Maki84: The micro switch only gives me the information if the engine is in a specific position. With reading it I mean I want to find out if it is pushed or not.

Nothing happens afterwards, I just want to turn one engine after another and see if the switch is pushed or not. But the switch isn't too important for me, my main problem is how to control many motors the easiest or cheapest way,as they do not need to be used parallel.

I am tired of playing "guessing games" with you. I have other things I would rather do.

Paul

Ok Paul no problem. I don't get what I didn't say, maybe someone else can help.

50 motors requires 50 motor controllers. You could use 1 controller and a LOT of relays but by the time you get there, 50 solid-state controllers will be cheaper.

Custom circuit boards with many controllers on each board will be advantageous.

I believe you will need a relay for each motor, if they are like the ones I have worked on, the microswitch stops the motor at the end of one rotation, to start the motor, you give it a pulse long enough to run it off the microswitch (that's where you need the relay) then the microswitch runs the motor until it does one rotatation around and breaks the microswitch which stops it. It then waits for another start pulse.