One sensor... Two Arduino's

For testing purposes I am trying to record sensor data from a Hall Effect flow meter using two Arduinos. Why??? Well, because I want to log data in a consistent manner while I also test and modify the code. It isn't practical for me to add a second sensor. If the modified code doesn't work I miss the data logging as a result.

Im thinking there is some electronic component I should be adding in to limit the Arduino boards from talking to each other instead of only to the sensor.

Is this possible? If so, any suggestions?

Sensor is a three wire... power, ground, and signal. I am also using interrupts (Yun is on pin 2) and (Micro is on pin 7).

I don't think it should be a problem. It's just a pulse coming out and the level can't be critical. Arduino is interested in the change. I guess splitting the signal with diodes might be a precaution against user abuse.

I'm not sure you really need to do this. Measuring flow is pretty well established for Arduino. The main issue is ensuring accuracy of the turbine, and for that you need a second sensor anyway.

I am able to get correct flow readings on one, but the second is giving me erroneous values which I suspect is feedback from the first arduino.

Basically, flow readings are fine with one Arduino. Plug in the second (that isn't powering the sensor) and the second gets weird readings.

Have you connected the grounds together?

Weedpharma

Connecting the grounds together solved the problem.

Thanks for the tip!