One Wire Master can't read emulated DS18B20 and real Ibutton at the same time

Hi everyone,
I’m currently working on a project using Arduino Pro Mini to emulate 2 DS18B20 temperature sensor at the same time and connect it to Teltonika 3620 One Wire Master. So far the result consider still acceptable. But there are a few problems still.

1. Teltonika 3620 can only detect 2 DS18B20 at some points of time. Also, sometimes Teltonika can only detect one DS18B20. But when I connect 2 real DS18B20 to Teltonika, terminal keep showing 2 DS18B20 detected.

2. When I tried to connect my emulated DS18B20 and a real Ibutton to the Teltonika, Teltonika can only detect Ibutton. But when connect real DS18B20 and real Ibutton, both are detected.

I’m very headache about these 2 problems. I hope someone can help me about this. I will really
appreciate it.

I attached my code. Just for information DS18B20 emulator will receive real DS18B20 temperature from transmitter wirelessly.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nick

DS18B20.cpp (3.09 KB)

DS18B20.h (633 Bytes)

OneWireHub.cpp (21.3 KB)

OneWireHub.h (5.66 KB)

OneWireItem.cpp (2.61 KB)

OneWireItem.h (1.37 KB)

platform.h (10.1 KB)

Sensor_DS18B20_With_Printer.ino (6.03 KB)

Check your cabling (missing Gnd?). Right Vcc?

Ask the library author.

Or get a scope, compare the original and emulated signals, and modify the library until it works as it should.

what Arduino are you using ? you say Teltonika ?

DrDiettrich: Check your cabling (missing Gnd?). Right Vcc?

Ask the library author.

Or get a scope, compare the original and emulated signals, and modify the library until it works as it should.

Hi DrDiettrich, Thank you for your reply.

I don't there is missing GND is my connection. May I know what Vcc you are referring to? Will try to get a scope to check.

But I tried using a pulse view program to look at the pulse of the connection between real one wire slave and one wire master. There are some cycle that the reset pulse timing is not constant. May I know is it due to the One Wire master?

Thank you.

Regards, Nick

dave-in-nj: what Arduino are you using ? you say Teltonika ?

Hi dave-in-nj,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using Arduino Pro Mini 5V 16MHz. Yes, I'm using Teltonika GPS device which also act as One Wire Master. Hope you can help me. Thank you.

Regards, Nick

Your Arduino should work at the same Vcc as the original sensor.