open NUL: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi I have a trouble uploading my code to Arduino uno, my computer is a Lenovo legion y720 with intel i7700/hk and it has windows 10 Os build 16299.309.

this is the program:
<
Turns an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the UNO, MEGA and ZERO
it is attached to digital pin 13, on MKR1000 on pin 6. LED_BUILTIN is set to
the correct LED pin independent of which board is used.
If you want to know what pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino
model, check the Technical Specs of your board at:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products

modified 8 May 2014
by Scott Fitzgerald
modified 2 Sep 2016
by Arturo Guadalupi
modified 8 Sep 2016
by Colby Newman

This example code is in the public domain.

*/

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
delay(1000); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
delay(1000); // wait for a second
}

This is what i get in the compiler:

<
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries
C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_131522 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_226143 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_131522 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_226143 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino
Using board ‘uno’ from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used…
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard” “C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_131522\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp” -o “nul”
Generating function prototypes…
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard” “C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_131522\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp” -o “C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_131522\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp”
open NUL: The system cannot find the file specified.
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I tried changing ports and searching google for solutions but i cannot find an specific solution.
Thanks

I have seen that error (open NUL: The system cannot find the file specified.) reported before but don't remember the cause having been found. I can only offer some general advice I have found can help when encountering a mysterious error in the Arduino IDE:

Try closing all Arduino IDE windows and then restart the Arduino IDE. This will clear the cache and hopefully solve the problem.

Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.

:confused: No it didn't work, I disabled antivirus temporarily and restarted Arduino.

I have the exact same problem can anyone plz help

There were a couple of answers to the issue.

One was other software causing the issue such as visual studio "plugin". Another was "AVR STUDIO" And Thirdly was using remote or networked drives as the root of the issue.

Am sure these reasons will jog Per's memory as he was in all those posts LOL.

Bob.

EDIT another was to roll back the AVR core.

reza93:
I have the exact same problem can anyone plz help

Please do this:

• (In the Arduino IDE) click File > Preferences
  • Check the box next to "Show verbose output during: > compilation
  • Click “OK”
  • Sketch > Verify/Compile
  • After the compilation fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum’s code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press “Ctrl + V”. This will paste the compilation output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

If the length of the output exceeds the forum’s 9000 character limit, save it in a .txt file and post it here as an attachment. If you click the “Reply” button you’ll see the “Attachments and other options” link.

Win 10, Agent version 1.1.251-318de37, Google Chrome

/home/builder/opt/arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -hardware /home/builder/opt/arduino-builder/hardware -hardware /home/builder/.arduino15/packages -tools /home/builder/opt/arduino-builder/tools -tools /home/builder/.arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries /home/builder/opt/libraries/latest -logger humantags -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -build-path /tmp/519351978/build -verbose -prefs runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arduinoOTA/1.3.0 -prefs runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5 -prefs runtime.tools.avrdude.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17 -prefs runtime.tools.dfu-util.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/dfu-util/0.9.0-arduino2 -prefs runtime.tools.arduino101load.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/arduino101load/2.0.1 -prefs runtime.tools.flashpack.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/flashpack/2.0.0 -prefs runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/7-2017q4 -prefs runtime.tools.openocd.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/openocd/0.9.0+0.1 -prefs runtime.tools.x86-linux-gcc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/x86-linux-gcc/7.2.0 -prefs runtime.tools.i586-poky-linux-uclibc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/i586-poky-linux-uclibc/1.6.2+1.0 -prefs runtime.tools.CMSIS-Atmel.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/CMSIS-Atmel/1.2.0 -prefs runtime.tools.sketchUploader.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/sketchUploader/1.6.2+1.0 -prefs runtime.tools.nrf5x-cl-tools.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/nrf5x-cl-tools/9.3.1 -prefs runtime.tools.linuxuploader.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/linuxuploader/1.5.1 -prefs runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/CMSIS/4.5.0 -prefs runtime.tools.arm-linux-gcc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-linux-gcc/4.9.3 -prefs runtime.tools.arc-elf32.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/arc-elf32/1.6.9+1.0.1 -prefs runtime.tools.core2-32-poky-linux.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/core2-32-poky-linux/1.6.2+1.0 -prefs runtime.tools.esptool.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/esptool/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9 -prefs runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/mkspiffs/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9 -prefs runtime.tools.bossac.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/industruino/tools/bossac/1.7.0-industruino -prefs runtime.tools.xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.path=/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9 -libraries /tmp/519351978/custom -libraries /tmp/519351978/pinned /tmp/519351978/Nokia_LCD_Demo

Sketch uses 2808 bytes (8%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 47 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2001 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Programming with: Serial

Flashing with command:C:/Users/anton/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude.exe -CC:/Users/anton/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:/Users/anton/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent499549805/Nokia_LCD_Demo.hex:i

@antonzlo's Аннотация 2020-09-12 164806.png (it shows the "Start command: open NUL: The system cannot find the file specified." error message in the orange bar):