Hi guys (and gals)!
I recently received an OpenLog uSD datalogger from Sparkfun (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530).
I'm having a bit of trouble getting this thing fired up despite its supposed plug'n play configuration. I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't seen a solution.
Help me troubleshoot, Obi Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope!
Using an Arduino UNO. I also have an FTDI board available.
Here are my symptoms:
- I initially uploaded the test sketch (https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog/blob/master/OpenLog_Test_Sketch/OpenLog_Test_Sketch.ino) with the OpenLog wired up. This was probably a mistake, but Sparkfun tells me the worst that would probably happen is the baud rate gets messed up. The LEDs flashed a few times when it was connected this way, but it wasn't functional.
- The board was/is connected to the Arduino as explained in the Test Sketch comments
- Currently, I don't get any response from OpenLog. Nothing causes the LEDs to flash.
- I checked the uSD card and the OpenLog didn't write a CONFIG.TXT file on it—the card was empty—so, I believe it didn't recognize the card at first
- Nothing happened when I tried the Safety Reset procedure found here: https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog/wiki/Config-File
- I figured the next logical step may be to refresh the firmware on it. The problem here is I can't correctly compile the sketch provided here: https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog/wiki/Flashing-Firmware
- I believe it's because I don't have the libraries saved correctly—I'm working on figuring this out and will provide update, but I'm doubtful this will do anything b/c I'm not seeing any response activity from the OpenLog as it is.
Any advice on troubleshooting?
Let me know if I missed any info you need. Be easy on me; I'm new to Arduino. ;)
Thanks in advance.