*Opportunity* Building a Customized Bop-It! Game

Hey Arduino Folks,

I hope that this is posted in the correct forum, if not- please feel free to move.

I have a vision for a Bop-It game that is programmed with a custom sound board. In essence, I want to replace the standard voice commands with commands of my own.

Although I am not a programmer myself, I have completed quite a bit of research on the possibility of bringing this vision to life. It is definitely doable!

See the link below, this guy built a bop-it from scratch so I know it can be done- just with different voice commands programmed into the device.

https://www.instructables.com/member/CfP2/

If this sounds like an interesting project to any of you, I would absolutely compensate you for your time and effort.

Feel free to inbox me on this platform I will be checking in regularly.

Thanks!

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum". OR http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

What is a Bop-it Game?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom... :)

"What is a Bop-it Game?"

And you call yourself a Boomer? Hang up your Hula-Hoop.

Hasbro had several versions of BopIt, but basically, the player gets a random pattern to replicate, increasing in pattern length. The pattern is given by the game with sounds and lights and the player has to match the pattern by pressing various buttons on the game. If you miss a bit of the pattern, the game gives you a raspberry sound and your turn is over.

It would be very easy to replicate the electronics using any Arduino or a NodeMCU board. The sounds are square-wave beeps and buzzes easily made using the tone() function.

I think the original BopIt had four buttons, so generating a random sequence of, say 16 steps, (I doubt that anyone could remember 16 buttons in sequence) would be pretty straigntforward.

SteveMann: "What is a Bop-it Game?"

And you call yourself a Boomer? Hang up your Hula-Hoop.

We called them "Simon Says". google arduino simon says

Tom... :)

If this sounds like an interesting project to any of you, I would absolutely compensate you for your time and effort.

If you are looking to pay someone to do this for you please click on 'report to moderator' and ask them to move this to gigs and collaborations', which is where people do jobs for money.

Bop-It != Simon Says.

a7