Oprating System For Arduino

Hello . I'm Hossein . I'm creating a oprating system for arduino boards.

• more speed
  • multiprocessing (Run multiple concurrent programs)

This kernel support SD Card and can read and write programs and scripts on sd card for run . The programmers can save their scripts on sd card for run on arduino board .
And with this os we can program arduino with another languages . For example : python - java - javascript and ...

And more features

Can you help Me ?

I want make the base version of this kernel .

I don’t think you are the first to do this. What have you tried? What do you need help with? Which Arduino are you doing this for?

Paul

I'm creating a oprating system for arduino boards.

• more speed

On simple microcontrollers, in my experience, operating systems rarely, if ever, result in greater speed.

YMMV

“more speed” :’(

Did you Google?

IMO- The “problem” with making as useful operating system for the Arduino is the lack of standardized hardware (and/or standardized BIOS). There is no standard way of reading keyboard input, printing/displaying to a screen, or disk/file storage. The Arduino as-supplied doesn’t have any of that stuff.

Linux (for a PC or Mac) is something like 15 million lines of code… Far to much for one programmer… I assume it’s bigger than that now.

There is something called [u]MINIX[/u], which is more “manageable” and sometimes used to teach computer science students how to write an operating system. That might be a good place to start if you want to create your own operating system.

And with this os we can program arduino with another languages . For example : python - java - javascript and …

Once you have an operating system, you’d still need to write a compiler for each language.

And obviously, you don’t need an OS running on the Arduino to run the compiled machine code. i.e. The C++ compiler (included with the Arduino IDE or with Atmel Studio) creates programs that run without an OS.

HosseinAhmadi:
Hello . I'm Hossein . I'm creating a oprating system for arduino boards.

• more speed

This kernel support SD Card and can read and write programs and scripts on sd card for run . The programmers can save their scripts on sd card for run on arduino board .
And with this os we can program arduino with another languages . For example : python - java - javascript and ...

And more features

Can you help Me ?

I want make the base version of this kernel .

Are you intending the separate programs are able to communicate with each other?

May I suggest you begin with a 2 partition model. Foreground and background. That should keep you out of trouble for a while.

Paul

Upon further review, probably a troll.

• more speed

20 MHz crystal.

20 MHz cores:

HosseinAhmadi:
I'm creating a oprating system for arduino boards.

• more speed

An operating system will inevitably reduce the number of CPU cycles available to do useful work.

To my mind the great strength of an Arduino is that it does not need an operating system.

For pseudo multi-processing have a look at Several Things at a Time

...R

larryd:
Upon further review, probably a troll.

Mmmm.