Ok, super green here, and I need to setup an Arduino Nano to do 2 things.
- To Press a button on another circuit.
- To Read the pressing of that button from the other circuit.
This is what i know about the device I need to push the button on...
- Its signal voltage for that button is .42v
- Its a Normally open single pole switch.
- When you apply an LED across the 2 poles of the switch, it lights up, and goes off when the switch is pressed. The Switch itself responds normally when the LED is connected in this manner.
I have Selenium photocells of several sizes, shrink tubing, and LEDs.
I also have some 817c optocouplers. (x4) but they are on a x4 relay Sainsmart board and I'd like to avoid de-soldering them, and use the Selenium photocells and LEDs. If Possible.
Can Anyone Assist me in how to do this?
If I can get to the point of being able to read the switch and press the switch from an The Arduino IDE, Then I just need to tell it to press the switch every 86400000 milliseconds, with some kind of de-bounce so its acting consistently.
After it presses it 3x, I need it to press the button 2x fast to reset the cycle.
Please, how do I go about using the optocoupler to interface with this button?
(Or can I make one from the photocell and the LEDs?)
Please help! I'm Arduino dumb, but I can learn...