original HEX file

Hello, I have two Arduino Uno where I can no longer upload programs. I get the following error:

avrdude: stk500_recv (): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync () attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0xb8
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I already tried to flash it, but it didn’t help and I’m also not sure if I used the right HEX file. I also tried an older version of the Arduino IDE (1.8.6, currently I’m using Version 1.8.13). I didn’t connect anything to the Arduino except for the USB cable. I don’t think that the hardware is defective either, because I work in an ESD safe environment and the Arduino was not subjected to any violence.
I don’t know if this information helps, but reading out the board information works without any problems.I also have an Arduino compatible no name board from China, with which uploading a program is no problem. I would now like to flash the Arduino with the original HEX file, but I can’t find it on the internet. Does anyone know where I can find it? I am also grateful for other solutions.

I am very grateful for any help.

kind regards

Pascal

On a Windows PC with IDE installed, you can find the bootloader for the Uno in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\bootloaders\optiboot

No idea about other operating systems.

Hello

Thank you for your help. Sadly it still does not work. In the meantime I've also tried the following:

• did a loopback test, so I assume that the host computer, the hardware driver, the USB cable and the USB to serial converter are working

-I burned the boot loader of the MEGA328P again

-I have reflashed the USB interface chip MEGA16u2

• I replaced the MEGA328 and burned the bootloader again to make sure that the error does not come from a damaged component

-I tried to upload the program from another PC (Windows 10)

For flashing the MEGA16u2 and MEGA328 I used Atmelstudio and the stk500 board from Atmel.

I had a similar problem with Mega2560. The problem showed when I try to download (or upload) a Sketch from the Arduino using AVRDUDE from a command console. The problem was solve when I match the current communication speed (bauds) in Arduino.
I did not know what was the speed in the arduino configuration, so I delete the parameter of the speed communication speed in the command console, so the current speed was found in a automatic way by the avrdude.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.