OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 / IDE 1.6.1 Serial Port is not selectable

Hello Folks,

I bought my first Arduino (Arduino UNO R3 Compatible Development Board - ATmega328P CH340 microUSB Port) from ebay last day and connected to my Mac Book Pro with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 via micro USB cable. ON light turned on L starts to blink every second. So far everything looks fine.

Downloaded IDE 1.6.1 from arduino.cc and tried to select Serial ports from Toos->Ports menu. Serial ports was not selectable. Installed FTDI drivers but no luck.

Then I logged in to my windows 8 partition and downloaded IDE for windows and everything works perfectly fine with windows version. But I usually use Mac and I wanted to use Arduino mac version IDE.

Can someone help me to solve this issue with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 ? Am I doing something wrong here or did I miss any steps for Mac?

Same Problem, I wrote to FTDI support but they didn't reply.

Dont purchase product from Ebay. if u going to save cost for project later might find issue like this.

I recommended to save cost simply design ur own board with bread board instead of ebay.

About the problem,

Can you send screenshot of error msg you got on windows XP.
I have attached driver file for reference .unzip update your driver manually.

drivers.zip (1.19 MB)

Hmm, that is true. Am planning to buy original Arduino soon.

Btw, my OS is not windows it is Mac 10.10.2. In Windows it is working fine without any issues.

Attached a screenshot of my Mac version of Arduino IDE.

Where you downloaded IDE. You need install updated version of IDE for Mac

anwer_skk:
Arduino UNO R3 Compatible Development Board - ATmega328P CH340 microUSB Port

Installed FTDI drivers but no luck.

The FTDI drivers won't work on the CH340 USB-to-Serial chip. Try some CH340 drivers:

http://kiguino.moos.io/2014/12/31/how-to-use-arduino-nano-mini-pro-with-CH340G-on-mac-osx-yosemite.html

This link saved my life. Now it's working without any issues...

Thank you all.

• Anwer