OT: just had some deer sausage from my fathers 8-point buck

the meat was done up at a local meat processing shop, and we heard the guy did some tasty sausage, so he had him do up 20 pounds of the burger into breakfast sausage.

Now, i am on the fence about the taste of some deer, but this was very good taste, and not too spicy. actually, it almost tasted like beef, but i could tell it was definitely deer as it was very lean.

All, in all, very tasty :smiley:

~Travis

Hmm, sausage....

What the ***k did he want to shoot the poor animal for?

...R

Robin2:
What the ***k did he want to shoot the poor animal for?

...R

If you've ever tried to drive around here, you wouldn't be so defensive of them. They gotta go. There's WAY the hell too many deer around here at least (central Arkansas) and now to top it all off they've got this new Chronic Wasting Disease that has come from the overpopulation. In several of our hunting zones this year the Game and Fish Commission has declared that the bag limits are suggestions only and that if you want to kill more than you are legally allowed all you need to do is call them up and they will give you some additional tags (permits) so you can kill as many as you'd like. They've even lifted the wanton waste laws in a few zones so that you can legally just shoot them and leave them. They're cute when there are just a few. Man, once you have a thousand per square mile or so it gets ridiculous and they're worse than rats. At least they taste better than rats. :slight_smile:

I've got no objection to Man taking the role of top predator to control deer populations, but please, just don't call it "sport".